• Last Logged In: 55 minutes ago

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Welcome: Why build an open cloud?
    I have been following cloud computing extensively just recently based on increasing trends of cloud computing re-defining IT. Cloud has some amazing benefits which I will definitely support. One of those benefits is that it is built using open source technology. Which means it is open and anyone can contribute to it. Want innovation or improvement, being open is the de facto standard. Yet everything must start from somewhere. Amazon set a path for other cloud service providers to follow. However don't consider them dominate. Amazon did something right and there is no harm in "learning" from them. Open cloud is here to stay. Innovation requires thinking outside the box not within restrictions.
    Link to this post 05 Jul 12

I have been following cloud computing extensively just recently based on increasing trends of cloud computing re-defining IT. Cloud has some amazing benefits which I will definitely support. One of those benefits is that it is built using open source technology. Which means it is open and anyone can contribute to it. Want innovation or improvement, being open is the de facto standard.

Yet everything must start from somewhere. Amazon set a path for other cloud service providers to follow. However don't consider them dominate. Amazon did something right and there is no harm in "learning" from them. Open cloud is here to stay. Innovation requires thinking outside the box not within restrictions.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: yumError
    @designer If you want to fix dependency problems using dpkg run this command #sudo dpgk --configure -a
    Link to this post 16 Jun 12

@designer

If you want to fix dependency problems using dpkg run this command
    #sudo dpgk --configure -a

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Rijn the Specpyre in... Manor of the Damned! Action RPG
    Game looks good.
    Link to this post 16 Jun 12

Game looks good.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Upgrading Limpus Linux Lite v1.0.3.E
    I also googled limpus but found linpus instead. On this site, it explains how to upgrade to the lastest version [url=http://www.linpus.com/doc/How%20to%20upgrade%20to%20Lite1.7%20from%20older%20version%20.pdf]upgrading linpus[/url] Can you tell us your system's hardware specs?
    Link to this post 14 Jun 12

I also googled limpus but found linpus instead. On this site, it explains how to upgrade to the lastest version
    upgrading linpus

Can you tell us your system's hardware specs?

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: ncurses - start_color - screen color
    Are you trying to change the color in your terminal @Chronos?
    Link to this post 14 Jun 12

Are you trying to change the color in your terminal @Chronos?

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Project idea
    Just install webmin. This app has some monster features.
    Link to this post 11 Jun 12

Just install webmin. This app has some monster features.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board