Istimsak Abdulbasir

• Last Logged In: 08 Feb

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: How do I fix a mess in Debian based single board TS 7553..run through Hyper Terminal?
    What I can tell you is to have the owner submit a configuration guide with the board, and have them walk you through it. I myself am not familiar with the board. This is what I would do.
    Link to this post 11 Nov 11

What I can tell you is to have the owner submit a configuration guide with the board, and have them walk you through it. I myself am not familiar with the board. This is what I would do.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: How do I fix a mess in Debian based single board TS 7553..run through Hyper Terminal?
    Contact the people at "EmbeddedArm" and have them give you directions. [url=http://www.embeddedarm.com/support/contact-us.php]embeddedarm contact[/url]

Contact the people at "EmbeddedArm" and have them give you directions.

embeddedarm contact

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: New and confused?
    In order to install ubuntu, you need to be connected to the internet for it to download all the extra packages. All it did was install the core utilities. Plus, if you are trying to install the latest version of ubuntu, 11.04 or 11.10, you need more ram. For any version or ubuntu after 9.10, you need at least a minimum of 1GB of system ram. Do us a favor, download, puppy linux, burn to CD and run it on your laptop in live mode which means running the OS in ram rather then an installation. When booted, open a terminal and run this command: #sudo lspci -v Tell us your video controller information that it displays. Look at the "prefetchable" memory and tell us how big it is. If your video controller is using less then 256mb of video memory, us ubuntu 9.10 or 10.04 and increase your swap space. Let us know what you did.

In order to install ubuntu, you need to be connected to the internet for it to download all the extra packages. All it did was install the core utilities. Plus, if you are trying to install the latest version of ubuntu, 11.04 or 11.10, you need more ram. For any version or ubuntu after 9.10, you need at least a minimum of 1GB of system ram.

Do us a favor, download, puppy linux, burn to CD and run it on your laptop in live mode which means running the OS in ram rather then an installation. When booted, open a terminal and run this command:

#sudo lspci -v

Tell us your video controller information that it displays. Look at the "prefetchable" memory and tell us how big it is. If your video controller is using less then 256mb of video memory, us ubuntu 9.10 or 10.04 and increase your swap space.

Let us know what you did.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Suggested OS for Compaq Armada 1592 DMT, heavily trimmed down
    I tried DSL on an [b]OLD[/b] toshiba laptop with 128mb of ram. This was the one I couldn't remember. The GUI is not all that great, yet good enough. It's better used as a terminal.
    Link to this post 08 Nov 11

I tried DSL on an OLD toshiba laptop with 128mb of ram. This was the one I couldn't remember. The GUI is not all that great, yet good enough. It's better used as a terminal.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: eFax and a locked document error
    That maybe a permanent lock. Save your work if you can, shutdown the program and restart the machine. Once booted, try again.

That maybe a permanent lock. Save your work if you can, shutdown the program and restart the machine. Once booted, try again.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: 64 bit mint 10 won't install
    This is why it is recommended to use 32bit systems. The 64bits are not that stable. You can install them on some machines but not all. Check the distros hardware support list to see what is supported.

This is why it is recommended to use 32bit systems. The 64bits are not that stable. You can install them on some machines but not all. Check the distros hardware support list to see what is supported.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board