• Last Logged In: 1 day ago

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Open Port 2222 ?
    Are you trying to allows users on the internet to log into the server via ssh? If this is the case, install openssh-server which will install a default configure file the has port:2222 open.
    Link to this post 05 Mar 12

Are you trying to allows users on the internet to log into the server via ssh? If this is the case, install openssh-server which will install a default configure file the has port:2222 open.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: help adapting a belkin usb hub {F5L009} to ubuntu linux
    LOL

LOL

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Noobie needs wifi on pc
    If you don't have a WiFi card, you can purchase an inexpensive one like linksys. These cards are very well supported.

If you don't have a WiFi card, you can purchase an inexpensive one like linksys. These cards are very well supported.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Noobie needs more help for music
    @roadtrash Look through your packages using "synaptic package manger" and search for ffmeg or ffmpg(it begins with ffm...lol) and install all packages with that name. Let us know what happened.
    Link to this post 04 Mar 12

@roadtrash

Look through your packages using "synaptic package manger" and search for ffmeg or ffmpg(it begins with ffm...lol) and install all packages with that name. Let us know what happened.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Uninstalling linux
    You don't uninstal linux, the HD will have to be reformated or the OS overwritten with another OS.
    Link to this post 17 Feb 12

You don't uninstal linux, the HD will have to be reformated or the OS overwritten with another OS.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: List of things I'd like to be able to do with Linux and what family/distro I should play with
    From what I know, ubuntu server and debian are best for servers. Debian is gui based by defualt and ubuntu server uses a shell prompt. Use debian, it is as easy as ubuntu and lightweight. Its also very extensible so you can customize it. Any linux Os will perform the above task. In my experience, ubuntu and Debian have been the easiest to use.
    Link to this post 17 Feb 12

From what I know, ubuntu server and debian are best for servers. Debian is gui based by defualt and ubuntu server uses a shell prompt. Use debian, it is as easy as ubuntu and lightweight. Its also very extensible so you can customize it. Any linux Os will perform the above task. In my experience, ubuntu and Debian have been the easiest to use.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board