Posted
  • Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Please recommend a fast linux distribution
    It is worth taking a look at.
    Link to this post 23 Oct 11

It is worth taking a look at.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Whats New with Linux
    @srvtk I'll keep it brief and give you the systems I prefer for servers. 1) debian squeeze 2)ubuntu server 10.10 3)centOS 4)fedora These distros are freely downloaded from www.linux.com, www.distrowatch.com and from the distros' website. I like the debain/ubuntu based systems for desktop and servers because they incorporate methods for easy software installation and system administration. If you want a system for testing, I prefer to use, Debian core, slackware, or Archlinux. Happy hunting.
    Link to this post 21 Oct 11

@srvtk

I'll keep it brief and give you the systems I prefer for servers.

1) debian squeeze
    2)ubuntu server 10.10
    3)centOS
    4)fedora

These distros are freely downloaded from www.linux.com, www.distrowatch.com and from the distros' website. I like the debain/ubuntu based systems for desktop and servers because they incorporate methods for easy software installation and system administration. If you want a system for testing, I prefer to use, Debian core, slackware, or Archlinux. Happy hunting.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: stable Linux. Truth or Myth?
    Your CD-ROM may be broken. Did you try to replace it and make sure that your system is set to boot from a CD/ROM?
    Link to this post 21 Oct 11

Your CD-ROM may be broken. Did you try to replace it and make sure that your system is set to boot from a CD/ROM?

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Budgeting software? [FOUND!]
    I know of GnuCash, very mathematical, yet not easy. Did not hear of kMyMoney. I need something like this.
    Link to this post 17 Oct 11

I know of GnuCash, very mathematical, yet not easy. Did not hear of kMyMoney. I need something like this.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Proxy bypass application
    @matt Never knew this was possible. Good tip. @smartlion This is no open source app to accomplish your request. Plus, that is not something you should try to do. Take mfillpot's option.

@matt

Never knew this was possible. Good tip.

@smartlion

This is no open source app to accomplish your request. Plus, that is not something you should try to do. Take mfillpot's option.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Collectively buy games to open source?
    I agree with Sims. It will be more difficult to opensource all popular games if the original game developer does not agree to allow their code to be open sourced. It would be better to just make games designed to run on linux and more stable.

I agree with Sims. It will be more difficult to opensource all popular games if the original game developer does not agree to allow their code to be open sourced. It would be better to just make games designed to run on linux and more stable.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board