Istimsak Abdulbasir

• Last Logged In: 37 minutes ago

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Best Linux distro for optimize battery consumption (Asus EeePC)
    I have not tried any of those distros that you mentioned. Should though :-) There is one thing that I did not mention. I have found that the newer kernel versions, 3.x.x have a tendency of consuming battery life excessively. What I would do is look for a distro that uses any kernel version marked 2.6.x. They seem to go easy on mobile battery life. Ubuntu 10.04 LTS uses such a kernel. [url=http://releases.ubuntu.com/lucid/]ubuntu 10.04 LTS[/url]
    Link to this post 03 Apr 13

I have not tried any of those distros that you mentioned. Should though :-)

There is one thing that I did not mention. I have found that the newer kernel versions, 3.x.x have a tendency of consuming battery life excessively. What I would do is look for a distro that uses any kernel version marked 2.6.x. They seem to go easy on mobile battery life. Ubuntu 10.04 LTS uses such a kernel.

ubuntu 10.04 LTS

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Best Linux distro for optimize battery consumption (Asus EeePC)
    If you are using the later UIs like Gnome#, or Unity, you may experience a decrees in battery life. Also, the kernel in use could have extra functions that could drain it too. Stick with Gnome@, XFCE or LXDE if you like user-friendly UI. Have a look at this site: [url=http://www.howtogeek.com/55185/how-to-maximize-the-battery-life-on-your-linux-laptop/]How to Maximize the Battery Life on Your Linux Laptop[/url]
    Link to this post 29 Mar 13

If you are using the later UIs like Gnome#, or Unity, you may experience a decrees in battery life. Also, the kernel in use could have extra functions that could drain it too.

Stick with Gnome@, XFCE or LXDE if you like user-friendly UI.

Have a look at this site:

How to Maximize the Battery Life on Your Linux Laptop

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Welcome: Why build an open cloud?
    Another benefit to using "open" cloud standards is to keep service vendors competitive. The goal is to deliver optimal results to consumers. Vendors will need the ability to adapt to users needs and using opensource is becoming the primary way of doing that because it is not a "what you see is what you get" philosophy.
    Link to this post 25 Feb 13

Another benefit to using "open" cloud standards is to keep service vendors competitive. The goal is to deliver optimal results to consumers. Vendors will need the ability to adapt to users needs and using opensource is becoming the primary way of doing that because it is not a "what you see is what you get" philosophy.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Can't edit my own articles?
    Can you send a link to the article that you can't edit?
    Link to this post 24 Jan 13

Can you send a link to the article that you can't edit?

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Hello,Everyone!
    Welcome @whonew Glad you decided to dabble into linux. You have embarked on a whole new adventure. Enjoy. Remember, we are here to help.
    Link to this post 24 Jan 13

Welcome @whonew

Glad you decided to dabble into linux. You have embarked on a whole new adventure. Enjoy. Remember, we are here to help.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Server distro question
    I find apt is very easy to use. rpm comes second. I prefer Debian based systems. Mainly Ubuntu. For servers, use Debian. It can be used with or without GUI. And will run your most basic tasks and advanced ones.
    Link to this post 10 Sep 12

I find apt is very easy to use. rpm comes second. I prefer Debian based systems. Mainly Ubuntu. For servers, use Debian. It can be used with or without GUI. And will run your most basic tasks and advanced ones.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board