• Last Logged In: 12 hours ago

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Arch Linux in Virtual Box
    I also noticed you are using the root account. You did not create a user account. In the shell type: cd / This should to the beginning of the file system which is the root directory. Then use "ls" and tell me what is listed
    Link to this post 12 hours ago

I also noticed you are using the root account. You did not create a user account.
    In the shell type: cd /

This should to the beginning of the file system which is the root directory. Then use "ls" and tell me what is listed

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    Interesting. Give me the YouTube link so I can have a look at. In the meantime, I am going to download that ISO file and examine the installation process. Try not to rely on YouTube videos. It is best to read the archlinux wiki. It gives better instructions on installation.
    Link to this post 12 hours ago

Interesting.

Give me the YouTube link so I can have a look at.

In the meantime, I am going to download that ISO file and examine the installation process.

Try not to rely on YouTube videos. It is best to read the archlinux wiki. It gives better instructions on installation.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    Is it possible you can give us the version number of arch linux and the site you downloaded it from? I would like attempt an install of this system on my virtualbox. The idea is to see what you see and what errors could occur.
    Link to this post 1 day ago

Is it possible you can give us the version number of arch linux and the site you downloaded it from?

I would like attempt an install of this system on my virtualbox. The idea is to see what you see and what errors could occur.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    If you get any error messages, write everything you see plus your previous steps and copy them here. With Linux, the choice is up to the user. You pick whatever you feel comfortable with. From there you can begin your journey into the GNU/Linux realm.
    Link to this post 1 day ago

If you get any error messages, write everything you see plus your previous steps and copy them here.

With Linux, the choice is up to the user. You pick whatever you feel comfortable with. From there you can begin your journey into the GNU/Linux realm.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Live CD Knoppix
    The reason you see multiple files is because there have been multiple iso images made spanning from 2001 to 2013. Whenever a new iso spin is made it is posted on the main download site with the version and date. the file that you downloaded should work fine. The other files like the .MD5 and .Sha1 are used to confirm the iso is the authentic. This assures that you did not download a fake copy. You need to download these files, but is recommended that you check to make sure you have the right one. What version of linux do you have; ubuntu, fedora, mint, debian..etc? Ubuntu has a native program that will allow you to burn iso files. Xubuntu have xfburn, Ubuntu has bresaro or usb-startup. You can download both from the repositories. If you are using windows you can download, inetbootin: [url=http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/]inetbootin[/url] You do not have to extract anything. Just download and burn.
    Link to this post 5 days ago

The reason you see multiple files is because there have been multiple iso images made spanning from 2001 to 2013. Whenever a new iso spin is made it is posted on the main download site with the version and date.

the file that you downloaded should work fine. The other files like the .MD5 and .Sha1 are used to confirm the iso is the authentic. This assures that you did not download a fake copy.
    You need to download these files, but is recommended that you check to make sure you have the right one.

What version of linux do you have; ubuntu, fedora, mint, debian..etc?

Ubuntu has a native program that will allow you to burn iso files. Xubuntu have xfburn, Ubuntu has bresaro or usb-startup. You can download both from the repositories. If you are using windows you can download, inetbootin: inetbootin

You do not have to extract anything. Just download and burn.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: error during the installation
    What is the error? Please copy the error message you see? Please copy the error message on this thread.
    Link to this post 6 days ago

What is the error? Please copy the error message you see? Please copy the error message on this thread.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    What exactly are you trying to install, an OS through a virtual machine or the virtual machine itself? What virtual machine are you trying to install, virtualbox or other? What version of Linux are you using? give us this information, and we can further assist you. Also, what error messages are you getting?

What exactly are you trying to install, an OS through a virtual machine or the virtual machine itself?

What virtual machine are you trying to install, virtualbox or other?

What version of Linux are you using?

give us this information, and we can further assist you.

Also, what error messages are you getting?

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: How can i add a firmware in Kali before its installation ?
    What is kali? Is it a Linux distribution or a device? What kind of firmware, or name of it needs to be installed? If it is possible, please past the error message on a post.

What is kali? Is it a Linux distribution or a device? What kind of firmware, or name of it needs to be installed?

If it is possible, please past the error message on a post.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Hello World!
    Thanks for introducing yourself. Thanks for a history background of your experience with Linux. I would like for you to keep us posted on your project of SPDX. This project, as I could understand, will better explain the licenses on distributed programs. The easier it is to explain the licenses, the better knowledge the user will have of using the software or development. This is my best summary of the SPDX project. If I need to be corrected please do so. I have a similar idea to the manpages of a linux system. I believe they can be improved with better comprehensive wording. Not only that, and this is open source, any user of the system should be able to modify the manpage database, rewriting the man pages to something that they can better understand. I have came across a few man pages that could use some improvement. Not all programs and system functions come installed with manpages. This will be a future project. Please keep us posted on your event and blog about what you spoke about.
    Link to this post 24 Sep

Thanks for introducing yourself. Thanks for a history background of your experience with Linux.

I would like for you to keep us posted on your project of SPDX. This project, as I could understand, will better explain the licenses on distributed programs. The easier it is to explain the licenses, the better knowledge the user will have of using the software or development.

This is my best summary of the SPDX project. If I need to be corrected please do so. I have a similar idea to the manpages of a linux system. I believe they can be improved with better comprehensive wording. Not only that, and this is open source, any user of the system should be able to modify the manpage database, rewriting the man pages to something that they can better understand.

I have came across a few man pages that could use some improvement. Not all programs and system functions come installed with manpages.

This will be a future project. Please keep us posted on your event and blog about what you spoke about.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Just registered for LFCS certification
    You guys can use the study materials from the LPI institute. [url=http://www.lpi.org/exam-preparation/self-study]LPI self-study materials[/url]
    Link to this post 03 Sep

You guys can use the study materials from the LPI institute.

LPI self-study materials

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board