• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 03 Jun 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • CoderMan
    RE: ssh accept "yes" in automation script possible ?
    http://linuxcommando.blogspot.com/2008/10/how-to-disable-ssh-host-key-checking.html
    Link to this post 04 Jun 10

http://linuxcommando.blogspot.com/2008/10/how-to-disable-ssh-host-key-checking.html

• CoderMan
    RE: list of games
    I'm trying to compile a list of some of the lesser known games: http://indicium.us/cgi-bin/pages/get?view=unsung
    Link to this post 13 Mar 10

I'm trying to compile a list of some of the lesser known games:

http://indicium.us/cgi-bin/pages/get?view=unsung

• CoderMan
    RE: Favorite game?
    All around, probably LGenerals. It is a Panzer General clone. Also, I have been having a lot of fun with FreedroidRPG lately. As far as FPS, Nexuiz is pretty good, maybe Alien Arena as well.
    Link to this post 23 Jun 09

All around, probably LGenerals. It is a Panzer General clone.

Also, I have been having a lot of fun with FreedroidRPG lately. As far as FPS, Nexuiz is pretty good, maybe Alien Arena as well.

• CoderMan
    Default display name on Linux.com?
    I just wanted to make sure I wasn't confused, before sending an e-mail off to the linux.com web-devel team. When I registered, I included a username and my real full name, assuming that only my username would be displayed. Then I noticed, though, that each of my posts was being display with my full name. I immediately went to my profile and changed my full name to be the same as my username. I didn't really want my full name to be displayed publicly, for privacy reasons. It seems odd that this would be the default setting. Any thoughts?
    Link to this post 30 May 09

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't confused, before sending an e-mail off to the linux.com web-devel team. When I registered, I included a username and my real full name, assuming that only my username would be displayed. Then I noticed, though, that each of my posts was being display with my full name.

I immediately went to my profile and changed my full name to be the same as my username. I didn't really want my full name to be displayed publicly, for privacy reasons.

It seems odd that this would be the default setting. Any thoughts?

• CoderMan
    Which chess engine?
    Hi. I want to work with a FOSS chess engine as part of a research project. However, I want to work with a chess engine that is under a license I am comfortable with, preferably either BSD or GPL, as the project would likely involve a lot of code modification. I have been frustrated lately because searches for "linux chess engines" and "open-source chess engines" often produces results where the chess engines are either proprietary or have license restrictions more severe than the GPL (like Crafty, for example). On the other hand, I'd don't want to work with a weak chess engine just because it was the first I came across with a GPL or BSD license. Any recommendations/insights/suggestions?
    Link to this post 30 May 09

Hi. I want to work with a FOSS chess engine as part of a research project. However, I want to work with a chess engine that is under a license I am comfortable with, preferably either BSD or GPL, as the project would likely involve a lot of code modification. I have been frustrated lately because searches for "linux chess engines" and "open-source chess engines" often produces results where the chess engines are either proprietary or have license restrictions more severe than the GPL (like Crafty, for example).

On the other hand, I'd don't want to work with a weak chess engine just because it was the first I came across with a GPL or BSD license.

Any recommendations/insights/suggestions?

• CoderMan
    Fault Injection / Mutation testing
    Hi. I been writing a C program for Linux, and wanted to test error handling subroutines. Is there any FOSS that provides fault injection and/or mutation testing?
    Link to this post 27 May 09

Hi. I been writing a C program for Linux, and wanted to test error handling subroutines. Is there any FOSS that provides fault injection and/or mutation testing?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board