• Last Logged In: 24 Jun

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • frankjc
    Yahoo messenger
    Hi. I am very new to linux. I use fedora, and was wondering if it's possible to run Yahoo messenger on it. It doesn't mention linux on the download page. Thank you.
    Link to this post 24 Jun

Hi. I am very new to linux. I use fedora, and was wondering if it's possible to run Yahoo messenger on it. It doesn't mention linux on the download page.
    Thank you.

• frankjc
    RE: Replace Windows 7 starter with Linux?
    thank you forr your response. honestly, i am not sure what that means. i can really see myself screwing this up, lol would it be possible to use wine with windows 7 to play his games?
    Link to this post 15 Feb 10

thank you forr
    your response. honestly, i am not sure what that means. i can really see myself screwing this up, lol
    would it be possible to use wine with windows 7 to play his games?

• frankjc
    Replace Windows 7 starter with Linux?
    I have an Asus netbook that I purchased for my son which has the Windows 7 Starter 32 bit operating system. I am wondering if I can replace Windows 7 with Linux. When I bought it at Best Buy, we asked if it would run certain games that he wants to run, and they said it would. This and other things about it make me feel like Windows 7 starter is garbage. It looks like Micro$oft wants about $200 to upgrade. I wonder if Linux would be better, and if it would do more than Windows 7.
    Link to this post 12 Feb 10

I have an Asus netbook that I purchased for my son which has the Windows 7 Starter 32 bit operating system. I am wondering if I can replace Windows 7 with Linux. When I bought it at Best Buy, we asked if it would run certain games that he wants to run, and they said it would. This and other things about it make me feel like Windows 7 starter is garbage. It looks like Micro$oft wants about $200 to upgrade. I wonder if Linux would be better, and if it would do more than Windows 7.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board