• Last Logged In: 28 Oct

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • darkixion
    RE: Video Converter for Ubuntu !!!
    [b]Xipher_Zero wrote:[/b] [quote]Arben is trying to encode to .3pg so he can view videos on his phone. Is h263 the correct codec for this video type?[/quote] I haven't got personal experience of encoding 3gp so I haven't tested it. I only found it on a quick search, but according to the [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3gp]Wikipedia page[/url], it is one of the valid formats.
    Link to this post 16 May 09

Xipher_Zero wrote:

Arben is trying to encode to .3pg so he can view videos on his phone. Is h263 the correct codec for this video type?

I haven't got personal experience of encoding 3gp so I haven't tested it. I only found it on a quick search, but according to the Wikipedia page, it is one of the valid formats.

• darkixion
    RE: Video Converter for Ubuntu !!!
    ffmpeg is a very powerful tool. I know it's a command-line app, and it's man page is huge, but you might find examples of good settings scattered around the net. Here's an example I found immediately for 3gp encoding: [code]ffmpeg -i inputfile.avi -s qcif -vcodec h263 -acodec aac -ac 1 -ar 8000 -r 25 -ab 32 -y outputfile.3gp[/code]
    Link to this post 15 May 09

ffmpeg is a very powerful tool. I know it's a command-line app, and it's man page is huge, but you might find examples of good settings scattered around the net.

Here's an example I found immediately for 3gp encoding:

ffmpeg -i inputfile.avi -s qcif -vcodec h263 -acodec aac
    -ac 1 -ar 8000 -r 25 -ab 32 -y outputfile.3gp

• darkixion
    Audio equaliser
    Does anyone know if there is any software which will apply a system-wide equaliser (i.e. not app-specific) to sound on a Linux system? If there's nothing generic, how about for Pulseaudio? I've had a good look around before but found nothing.

Does anyone know if there is any software which will apply a system-wide equaliser (i.e. not app-specific) to sound on a Linux system? If there's nothing generic, how about for Pulseaudio? I've had a good look around before but found nothing.

• darkixion
    RE: Favorite game?
    I would have to say Freespace 2 using the Freespace 2 Source Code Project. Still an awesome game, even to this day.

I would have to say Freespace 2 using the Freespace 2 Source Code Project. Still an awesome game, even to this day.

• darkixion
    Playing Duckman in Linux
    I've looked everywhere for a way to play Duckman under Linux. I've tried Wine, Crossover Games and Cedega, and none of them run it. The installer runs, but the game doesn't. Has anyone had success with this?

I've looked everywhere for a way to play Duckman under Linux. I've tried Wine, Crossover Games and Cedega, and none of them run it. The installer runs, but the game doesn't.

Has anyone had success with this?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board