• Last Logged In: 28 Aug 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • portamenteff
    RE: USB flash drive distro with media codecs galore
    I second that. Ubuntu has easy codec install. You go to the upper panel click System > Adminstration > Software Sources. Then check em all. Make sure their all checked in the Ubuntu Software tab, and in Other Software. Then open a terminal and type : [code]Sudo apt-get update[/code] In your browser it should show a message like "missing plugin." click to install that plugin. You should be good to go.
    Link to this post 12 May 10

I second that. Ubuntu has easy codec install. You go to the upper panel click System > Adminstration > Software Sources. Then check em all. Make sure their all checked in the Ubuntu Software tab, and in Other Software. Then open a terminal and type :

Sudo apt-get update

In your browser it should show a message like "missing plugin." click to install that plugin. You should be good to go.

• portamenteff
    RE: Can my computer install the centos4(redhat as4)?
    You should be good to go. You see, CentOS is just a recompiled RedHat. I'm not sure why CentOS is a must, but if your comfortable with it, It should work. You may have to configure it a bit, but it's a good stable system. An excellent server platform.
    Link to this post 12 May 10

You should be good to go. You see, CentOS is just a recompiled RedHat. I'm not sure why CentOS is a must, but if your comfortable with it, It should work. You may have to configure it a bit, but it's a good stable system. An excellent server platform.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board