• Last Logged In: 11 May 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • hwatari
    RE: Sending a signal to a pthread with sigqueue
    Hi woboyle, Thank you very much for your reply. On Ubuntu linux, sigqueue with thread id does not work. My intention was to have 4 slave threads send the same signal to the master thread asyncronously so accessing the master's associtive structure by the slaves must be carried out with a mutex. So for lack of simpler solutions, I will have 4 slaves send 4 different signals because only information I need to send with the signal is from which slave the signal is originating. Hiromichi
    Link to this post 28 Feb 10

Hi woboyle,
    Thank you very much for your reply.
    On Ubuntu linux, sigqueue with thread id does not work.
    My intention was to have 4 slave threads send the same signal to the master thread asyncronously so accessing the master's associtive structure by the slaves must be carried out with a mutex.
    So for lack of simpler solutions, I will have 4 slaves send 4 different signals because only information I need to send with the signal is from which slave the signal is originating.
    Hiromichi

• hwatari
    Sending a signal to a pthread with sigqueue
    Dear Linux experts, Is it possible to send a signal to a pthread with sigqueue() ? The argument of the function is a process ID and not a thread ID. I can use pthread_kill() but I need to send an accompanying value as in sigqueue(). Thanks, Hiromichi
    Link to this post 23 Feb 10

Dear Linux experts,
    Is it possible to send a signal to a pthread with sigqueue() ?
    The argument of the function is a process ID and not a thread ID.
    I can use pthread_kill() but I need to send an accompanying value as in sigqueue().
    Thanks,
    Hiromichi

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board