• Last Logged In: 23 Feb 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • oldman
    RE: how to authenticate domain users to openldap
    We have two directory services, Active Directory and Openldap. Active Directory is responsible for Windows resources and Openldap is responsible for Linux resource. My intention is to allow Windows users, which logon to the Windows domain through their Windows desktops or Terminal server, to be able to access the resources on the linux servers. Thanks
    Link to this post 24 Feb 10

We have two directory services, Active Directory and Openldap. Active Directory is responsible for Windows resources and Openldap is responsible for Linux resource. My intention is to allow Windows users, which logon to the Windows domain through their Windows desktops or Terminal server, to be able to access the resources on the linux servers.

Thanks

• oldman
    how to authenticate domain users to openldap
    I think this question has been asked by many people but I still can't seem to find the answer for it. I would like to have my Windows Active Directory users, either logon to the domain using desktop or Termainal server, to authenticate to an Openldap server so that they can access resource on the linux machines. I tried Microsoft's Service for Unix but it only support NIS or password file synchronization. Thanks
    Link to this post 24 Feb 10

I think this question has been asked by many people but I still can't seem to find the answer for it. I would like to have my Windows Active Directory users, either logon to the domain using desktop or Termainal server, to authenticate to an Openldap server so that they can access resource on the linux machines. I tried Microsoft's Service for Unix but it only support NIS or password file synchronization.

Thanks

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board