• Last Logged In: 10 Aug 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • roobal
    RE: linux crash
    I had also problems with Linux Mint 12, I thunk this system is a little bit unstable. What desktop environment did you installed? Maybe try another distribution, for example the newest release of Ubuntu.
    Link to this post 02 May 12

I had also problems with Linux Mint 12, I thunk this system is a little bit unstable. What desktop environment did you installed? Maybe try another distribution, for example the newest release of Ubuntu.

• roobal
    RE: New to Linux. Which one?
    I recommend also to try Sabayon Linux, it has also codecs and other things by defualt, the same like Mint ;)
    Link to this post 20 Jan 11

I recommend also to try Sabayon Linux, it has also codecs and other things by defualt, the same like Mint ;)

• roobal
    RE: Update manager Problem
    Try [code]sudo apt-get upgrade[/code] and if it won't work, try [code]sudo apt-get install -f[/code] Let us see also [code]ls /var/cache/apt/archives[/code]
    Link to this post 20 Jan 11

Try

sudo apt-get upgrade

and if it won't work, try

sudo apt-get install -f

Let us see also

ls /var/cache/apt/archives

• roobal
    RE: How do I make terminal thumbnails on desktop?
    [b]Hogwarts_Champion wrote:[/b] [quote]I figured it out, I guess its part of the Gnome GUI. When I move my cursor to the upper right corner it turns all the windows I have open into Thumbnails. Very cool. Thanks for the help one the less.[/quote] So, you use Compiz and that is a Scale plugin ;)
    Link to this post 17 Jan 11

Hogwarts_Champion wrote:

I figured it out, I guess its part of the Gnome GUI. When I move my cursor to the upper right corner it turns all the windows I have open into Thumbnails. Very cool. Thanks for the help one the less.

So, you use Compiz and that is a Scale plugin ;)

• roobal
    RE: Disk Defragmentation
    [b]Chronos wrote:[/b] [quote]IDoes this need to be done in Linux? If so, how? If not, why not?[/quote] No it's not necessary, because this issue affects mainly Microsoft's filesystems like FAT or Ntfs. Linux filesystems can also fragment but fragmentation is very low ;)
    Link to this post 17 Jan 11

Chronos wrote:

IDoes this need to be done in Linux? If so, how? If not, why not?

No it's not necessary, because this issue affects mainly Microsoft's filesystems like FAT or Ntfs. Linux filesystems can also fragment but fragmentation is very low ;)

• roobal
    RE: Installation issue with Ubuntu
    I frequently meet the issue like this one on Asus motherboards. [b]saqman2060 wrote:[/b] [quote]Are you using the GRUB bootloader or windows 7 bootloader to boot your system?[/quote] Wubi makes image of Grub and put it on C:\ drive, next add this image to Windows bootloader list, but when you choose Linux from list of Windows bootloader, then runs Grub and you can run Ubuntu. [b]Goineasy9 wrote:[/b] [quote]I'm not familiar with wubi, so, I'll wait till someone more experienced can explain what is going on.[/quote] Wubi makes file is a pseudo-partition for Linux, but Linux works on native filesystem like ext4.
    Link to this post 16 Jan 11

I frequently meet the issue like this one on Asus motherboards.

saqman2060 wrote:

Are you using the GRUB bootloader or windows 7 bootloader to boot your system?

Wubi makes image of Grub and put it on C:\ drive, next add this image to Windows bootloader list, but when you choose Linux from list of Windows bootloader, then runs Grub and you can run Ubuntu.

Goineasy9 wrote:

I'm not familiar with wubi, so, I'll wait till someone more experienced can explain what is going on.

Wubi makes file is a pseudo-partition for Linux, but Linux works on native filesystem like ext4.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board