• Last Logged In: 11 May 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Zohair
    RE: CPU overheating Toshiba Satelite L300-1AQ
    Dear Adam, Thanks for your help but the code you provided gave me error: [code] This is a part of the terminal screen I got after typing the download link: A omnibook/tags/release-20070211/pio.c A omnibook/tags/release-20070211/ec.c A omnibook/tags/release-20070211/compat.h A omnibook/tags/release-20070211/wireless.c Checked out revision 293. zohair@ubuntu:~$ cd omnibook zohair@ubuntu:~/omnibook$ make make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop. zohair@ubuntu:~/omnibook$ sudo make install make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop. zohair@ubuntu:~/omnibook$ [/code] And mfillpot, thanks for your contribution but I found a similar program "KPowerSave" that seems to similar to what you've suggested. but to be honest guys the problems is that in addition to my CPU heating, my HDD never stops, it keeps running for ever. Further suggestions are much appreciated. Cheers, Zohair
    Link to this post 10 Mar 10

Dear Adam,

Thanks for your help but the code you provided gave me error:

This is a part of the terminal screen I got after typing the download link:

A omnibook/tags/release-20070211/pio.c
    A omnibook/tags/release-20070211/ec.c
    A omnibook/tags/release-20070211/compat.h
    A omnibook/tags/release-20070211/wireless.c
    Checked out revision 293.
    zohair@ubuntu:~$ cd omnibook
    zohair@ubuntu:~/omnibook$ make
    make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
    zohair@ubuntu:~/omnibook$ sudo make install
    make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop.
    zohair@ubuntu:~/omnibook$

And mfillpot, thanks for your contribution but I found a similar program "KPowerSave" that seems to similar to what you've suggested.

but to be honest guys the problems is that in addition to my CPU heating, my HDD never stops, it keeps running for ever. Further suggestions are much appreciated.

Cheers,

Zohair

• Zohair
    CPU overheating Toshiba Satelite L300-1AQ
    Guys, I installed Ubuntu (Ubuntu 9.10 - the Karmic Koala) on my laptop (Dual boot with Vista) When I boot in Ubuntu and after few minutes the temperature goes very high starting from 35 to 45 up to 72 within 15 minutes. The problem doesn't exist in Windows Vista. Can anybody help me with the issue please?? I'm new to linux so if you decided to help me please make it as simple as possible. Cheers, Zohair
    Link to this post 10 Mar 10

Guys,

I installed Ubuntu (Ubuntu 9.10 - the Karmic Koala) on my laptop (Dual boot with Vista) When I boot in Ubuntu and after few minutes the temperature goes very high starting from 35 to 45 up to 72 within 15 minutes. The problem doesn't exist in Windows Vista. Can anybody help me with the issue please?? I'm new to linux so if you decided to help me please make it as simple as possible.

Cheers,

Zohair

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board