• Last Logged In: 3 days ago

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • vtel57
    RE: CentOS issue
    Richard, It would also help to know your drive/partitioning scheme. In other words... How many hard drives? How big? How many partitions? Size of partitions? Etc.
    Link to this post 26 Feb 11

Richard,

It would also help to know your drive/partitioning scheme. In other words... How many hard drives? How big? How many partitions? Size of partitions? Etc.

• vtel57
    RE: Install packages with unmet dependencies
    EDIT: I misunderstood the original poster's issue. Removed answer. Anwyay, Alvin... What repos do you have enabled in that Ubuntu installation?
    Link to this post 19 Feb 11

EDIT: I misunderstood the original poster's issue. Removed answer.

Anwyay, Alvin...

What repos do you have enabled in that Ubuntu installation?

• vtel57
    RE: Linux users not playing Flash games?
    Submachine is a trip! I've been playing that one since version 1. Also, try Daymare, I think it's called. FUN! :)
    Link to this post 10 Feb 11

Submachine is a trip! I've been playing that one since version 1. Also, try Daymare, I think it's called. FUN! :)

• vtel57
    I agree with Mike... a VERY nice site. Now that I've buzzed around it a bit, I see that it will be INCREASING my % of time wasting and increasing your site's Linux users' stats. ;) P.S. Are you familiar with [url=http://www.pastelgames.com/index.html]Pastel Games[/url]? I've been known to waste a goodly amount of time there, also.
    Link to this post 09 Feb 11

I agree with Mike... a VERY nice site. Now that I've buzzed around it a bit, I see that it will be INCREASING my % of time wasting and increasing your site's Linux users' stats. ;)

P.S. Are you familiar with Pastel Games? I've been known to waste a goodly amount of time there, also.

• vtel57
    Those percentages look like they accurately reflect the breakdown of users of those different operating systems as a whole. To increase your Linux user base, you'll need to heavily advertise your site on sites that are used primarily by Linux users (like Linux.com, for instance). Luck!
    Link to this post 08 Feb 11

Those percentages look like they accurately reflect the breakdown of users of those different operating systems as a whole. To increase your Linux user base, you'll need to heavily advertise your site on sites that are used primarily by Linux users (like Linux.com, for instance).

Luck!

• vtel57
    RE: Virus and spyware scanner for linux?
    Both Avast! and AVG have Linux versions that you can install and use for your needs.
    Link to this post 05 Feb 11

Both Avast! and AVG have Linux versions that you can install and use for your needs.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board