Posted
  • vtel57
    RE: Linux.com Groups
    The links in your sig are not set up properly. They're not working. :(
    Link to this post 23 May 09

The links in your sig are not set up properly. They're not working. :(

• vtel57
    Linux.com Groups
    Now that the newness of Linux.com is beginning to wear off, I think it would be a good idea to begin discussion on the topic of merging the duplicate Community Groups and also deleting the zero-activity groups (after group owner notification). With less new people coming to the site and fewer of the initial batch visiting regularly, now is the time for us to condense and concentrate the information sources around here. It's quite overwhelming as it is. To retain members and gain new members will require us all to FOCUS on the QUALITY of the content here. The more useful this site is to the GNU/Linux community, the better the chance that it will become a major hub of information exchange for that community. What are you thoughts on this?

Now that the newness of Linux.com is beginning to wear off, I think it would be a good idea to begin discussion on the topic of merging the duplicate Community Groups and also deleting the zero-activity groups (after group owner notification).

With less new people coming to the site and fewer of the initial batch visiting regularly, now is the time for us to condense and concentrate the information sources around here. It's quite overwhelming as it is.

To retain members and gain new members will require us all to FOCUS on the QUALITY of the content here. The more useful this site is to the GNU/Linux community, the better the chance that it will become a major hub of information exchange for that community.

What are you thoughts on this?

• vtel57
    Linux Users Love Cats, Too!
    C'mon over and join the Cat Lover's Group. We need some activity. :) [url=http://www.linux.com/community/groups/viewgroup/671-Cat+Lover%27s+Group]The Cat Lover's Group @ Linux.com[/url]

C'mon over and join the Cat Lover's Group. We need some activity. :)

The Cat Lover's Group @ Linux.com

• vtel57
    RE: no sound
    vonbiber, I'm beginning to run out of ideas. See [url=http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/devdsp-does-not-exist-691418/#post3380336]HERE[/url] for some things to check. Also, I noticed you registered at Scot's. I sent you a Welcome PM, by the way. Post about this in All Things Linux there. Bruno will solve it for you. I can almost guarantee it. :)

vonbiber,

I'm beginning to run out of ideas. See HERE for some things to check.

Also, I noticed you registered at Scot's. I sent you a Welcome PM, by the way. Post about this in All Things Linux there. Bruno will solve it for you. I can almost guarantee it. :)

• vtel57
    RE: What is I/O Error?
    I/O = input/output As far as why you're receiving these errors... you'll probably have to go to BitDefender's site for specific answers about how their app works. Sorry. :(

I/O = input/output

As far as why you're receiving these errors... you'll probably have to go to BitDefender's site for specific answers about how their app works. Sorry. :(

• vtel57
    RE: Auto Log out ?
    I agree. Your cookies are expiring or being deleted. I haven't been logged out of Linux.com for a week.

I agree. Your cookies are expiring or being deleted. I haven't been logged out of Linux.com for a week.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board