• Last Logged In: 22 Jun 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Tbunny
    Wifi Connection Problem
    I'm having a problem connecting to wifi with Ubuntu. It detects the wifi, but will not let me log on. Any suggestions? -Andy
    Link to this post 22 Jun 10

I'm having a problem connecting to wifi with Ubuntu. It detects the wifi, but will not let me log on. Any suggestions?

-Andy

• Tbunny
    RE: trouble with usb live setup
    Oh, it is definitely a hardware issue, but it won't come up on any diagnostic software I have. If you get errors on your flash it programs, I believe it's a hardware issue.
    Link to this post 22 Jun 10

Oh, it is definitely a hardware issue, but it won't come up on any diagnostic software I have. If you get errors on your flash it programs, I believe it's a hardware issue.

• Tbunny
    trouble with usb live setup
    okay. after several months of toying with the usb live programs and coming up with errors, I tried a different thumb drive with similar results. I purchased another one (sandisk) and it worked. i finally got ubuntu onto my acer. why do some flash drives not work? thanks for all the help, and I'll be around asking more questions. thank you :)
    Link to this post 16 Jun 10

okay. after several months of toying with the usb live programs and coming up with errors, I tried a different thumb drive with similar results. I purchased another one (sandisk) and it worked. i finally got ubuntu onto my acer. why do some flash drives not work? thanks for all the help, and I'll be around asking more questions. thank you :)

• Tbunny
    RE: Having trouble with .ISO images
    Error Messages given by Universal Installer 7-zip diagnostic messages 1 Data error in 'disk\casper-uuid-generic'/ File is broken so on and so on ad nauseum to 51
    Link to this post 31 May 10

Error Messages given by Universal Installer

7-zip diagnostic messages

1 Data error in 'disk\casper-uuid-generic'/ File is broken

so on and so on ad nauseum to 51

• Tbunny
    I tried the fedora live usb creator. I still get errors. It boots to a system message and flashes errors and then to a blank screen.

I tried the fedora live usb creator. I still get errors. It boots to a system message and flashes errors and then to a blank screen.

• Tbunny
    The program won't allow me to copy and paste the error messages. I will work on writing them down and transferring them.

The program won't allow me to copy and paste the error messages. I will work on writing them down and transferring them.

• Tbunny
    Having trouble with .ISO images
    Greetings all, I have used Unetbootin and universal usb installer to make a bootable flash. I get around 51 errors with both programs. They successfully install the Ubuntu stuff on the flash, but it will not work upon boot up. I have an Acer net book, and I have updated my BIOS. My only guess is that I somehow got a bad .ISO image. Thus the errors in both flash boot programs. How does this occur and how can I get an ISO image without errors. I have already downloaded the ISO multiple times to correct the issue, but it still refuses to work. Could it be another issue? Thank you in advance Andy

Greetings all,

I have used Unetbootin and universal usb installer to make a bootable flash. I get around 51 errors with both programs. They successfully install the Ubuntu stuff on the flash, but it will not work upon boot up. I have an Acer net book, and I have updated my BIOS. My only guess is that I somehow got a bad .ISO image. Thus the errors in both flash boot programs. How does this occur and how can I get an ISO image without errors. I have already downloaded the ISO multiple times to correct the issue, but it still refuses to work. Could it be another issue?

Thank you in advance

Andy

• Tbunny
    RE: Ubuntu Vs. Ubuntu for Netbooks
    Update it with what and how?
    Link to this post 27 Mar 10

Update it with what and how?

• Tbunny
    RE: Ubuntu Vs. Ubuntu for Netbooks
    Okay folks, Thanks for all of the input. I have an Acer Aspire One ZG5. It has no CD drive, and I don't own a portable one. I have tried unsuccessfully to try Ubuntu via the usb with the Universal USB installer (gives me 55 errors and gives me a black screen) and Unetbootin (constantly counts down from ten and does nothing). Any suggestions? As far as chipsets, I have no clue as to what i actually have...I know just enough to get myself into trouble. I do know this computer has the At&t cellular card built in complete with the little card that comes with every At&t phone..
    Link to this post 27 Mar 10

Okay folks,

Thanks for all of the input. I have an Acer Aspire One ZG5. It has no CD drive, and I don't own a portable one. I have tried unsuccessfully to try Ubuntu via the usb with the Universal USB installer (gives me 55 errors and gives me a black screen) and Unetbootin (constantly counts down from ten and does nothing). Any suggestions? As far as chipsets, I have no clue as to what i actually have...I know just enough to get myself into trouble. I do know this computer has the At&t cellular card built in complete with the little card that comes with every At&t phone..

• Tbunny
    Ubuntu Vs. Ubuntu for Netbooks
    I am new to the Linux world. I have a netbook I would like to run Ubuntu on, but I cannot find any info on what is included as far as WIFI and Broadband items (i.e. drivers, etc.) Does Ubuntu and/or the netbook version come with the capability to run my WIFI and broadband in my netbook, or will I have to download the drivers separately? Thanks in advance Andy
    Link to this post 15 Mar 10

I am new to the Linux world. I have a netbook I would like to run Ubuntu on, but I cannot find any info on what is included as far as WIFI and Broadband items (i.e. drivers, etc.) Does Ubuntu and/or the netbook version come with the capability to run my WIFI and broadband in my netbook, or will I have to download the drivers separately?

Thanks in advance
    Andy

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board