• Last Logged In: 04 Feb 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Xipher_Zero
    RE: Linux Desktop Wishlist
    [b]Calixte wrote:[/b] [quote]Ubuntu could come with new looks. It's all there, I don't know why they don't just do it. I'd like to see a real community forming around enlightenment.[/quote] I agree, it would be nice if Ubuntu would come up with some nice new themes. The first thing I think most people do once they get Ubuntu installed is change the default theme to something more pleasing to the eye.
    Link to this post 02 Jun 09

Calixte wrote:

Ubuntu could come with new looks. It's all there, I don't know why they don't just do it.

I'd like to see a real community forming around enlightenment.

I agree, it would be nice if Ubuntu would come up with some nice new themes. The first thing I think most people do once they get Ubuntu installed is change the default theme to something more pleasing to the eye.

• Xipher_Zero
    RE: can someone tell me the name of this theme?
    Your very welcome!
    Link to this post 01 Jun 09

Your very welcome!

• Xipher_Zero
    RE: can someone tell me the name of this theme?
    I looks like a mash up of different things. KBFX for the suse menu button. Openbox for the windows manager, and white translucency on the KDE 3.5 panel. The icons are the new Oxygen Icons from KDE 4 series. The wallpaper is a Suse centric wallpaper from www.kde-look.org. Hope that helps
    Link to this post 31 May 09

I looks like a mash up of different things. KBFX for the suse menu button. Openbox for the windows manager, and white translucency on the KDE 3.5 panel. The icons are the new Oxygen Icons from KDE 4 series. The wallpaper is a Suse centric wallpaper from www.kde-look.org.

Hope that helps

• Xipher_Zero
    RE: Screenshots please
    Added mine http://kporter.homelinux.com/~kaleb/cpg14x/displayimage.php?album=2&pos=20 Enjoy

Added mine

http://kporter.homelinux.com/~kaleb/cpg14x/displayimage.php?album=2&pos=20

Enjoy

• Xipher_Zero
    RE: Random people asking to be added as friends
    It's to bad that there are people that feel compelled to do that for something as insubstantial as "Guru" points. I would hope that people are here to gain friends and acquaintances to build community and friendships.

It's to bad that there are people that feel compelled to do that for something as insubstantial as "Guru" points. I would hope that people are here to gain friends and acquaintances to build community and friendships.

• Xipher_Zero
    RE: best easy and complete distro
    I would say remaster ubuntu with remastersys and install all the codecs and modules you need. You do this once and you won't have to do it again for a year or two. If something gets hosed just dump your remastered install disk in the drive and fire away :) (Of course really Im saying that there is no perfect out the box distro unless you want to create one yourself :P ) Other than that I would also throw my weight behind Mint.

I would say remaster ubuntu with remastersys and install all the codecs and modules you need. You do this once and you won't have to do it again for a year or two. If something gets hosed just dump your remastered install disk in the drive and fire away :)

(Of course really Im saying that there is no perfect out the box distro unless you want to create one yourself :P ) Other than that I would also throw my weight behind Mint.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board