• Last Logged In: 13 May 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • andybrownson
    RE: mint 12- networking...........it doesn't
    Sorry Melodie, thanks for your considered advice. My earlier reply was aimed at the member [b]provacative[/b] who seems to be trolling this thread. I have considered reverting back to Linux Mint 9 but enjoy the challenge of a new OS. Rolling distros seem a good idea but I've never tried them. I wish members like provactive would waste their puerile wit elsewhere. I hope you have not taken offence from my earlier reply it was meant for [b]provocative[/b] and certainly not for you.I appreciate your time and trouble, thanks again.
    Link to this post 14 Jan 12

Sorry Melodie, thanks for your considered advice. My earlier reply was aimed at the member provacative who seems to be trolling this thread. I have considered reverting back to Linux Mint 9 but enjoy the challenge of a new OS. Rolling distros seem a good idea but I've never tried them. I wish members like provactive would waste their puerile wit elsewhere. I hope you have not taken offence from my earlier reply it was meant for provocative and certainly not for you.I appreciate your time and trouble, thanks again.

• andybrownson
    RE: mint 12- networking...........it doesn't
    hmmm you've really solved my problem, I bet you're a star in the advanced users forum. Have you tried the new release of Inact OS it works exclusively with nothing but write only memory. It has t.r.o.l.l. features- typically random only ludicrously laughable features. I think you'd like it!
    Link to this post 14 Jan 12

hmmm you've really solved my problem, I bet you're a star in the advanced users forum. Have you tried the new release of Inact OS it works exclusively with nothing but write only memory. It has t.r.o.l.l. features- typically random only ludicrously laughable features. I think you'd like it!

• andybrownson
    mint 12- networking...........it doesn't
    I kave 4 computers two laptops running on Mint 9, a desktop running windows XP and another desktop running Mint 12. The first three will happily share files and folders however Mint 12 wont despite having missing packages (apache2.2bin and apache-mod-dnssd) installed and personal file sharing enabled. I have visited various forums and the same fixes are suggested to me as I have already tried. Can anyone help? I'll be honest and say Mint 9 is brilliant and would recommend it to anyone but would like to get Mint 12 properly running and sharing files. Compiz doesn't work either but that can wait.
    Link to this post 28 Dec 11

I kave 4 computers two laptops running on Mint 9, a desktop running windows XP and another desktop running Mint 12. The first three will happily share files and folders however Mint 12 wont despite having missing packages (apache2.2bin and apache-mod-dnssd) installed and personal file sharing enabled. I have visited various forums and the same fixes are suggested to me as I have already tried. Can anyone help? I'll be honest and say Mint 9 is brilliant and would recommend it to anyone but would like to get Mint 12 properly running and sharing files. Compiz doesn't work either but that can wait.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board