• Last Logged In: 30 Mar 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • asadgul81
    about __NR_perf_event_open
    Hi I am new to linux. I downloaded and compiled the kernel source 2.6.33.1 (ubuntu 9.1) successfully. The purpose was that I could use the sys call __NR_perf_event_open. This sys call is available in the kernel_source/arch/x86/include/asm/unistd_32/64.h However when I compiled the source, this sys call is not present in $HOME/usr/include/asm/unistd_32/64.h Interestingly, when I use Vmware as guest in windows and compiled the same source, the sys call is available in $HOME/usr/include/asm/unistd_32/64.h I need to use __NR_perf_event_open (in a stand alone system i.e. just linux) or __NR_perf_counter_open What should I do? Its been the whole weekend I been trying. Please help me. Regards Gul
    Link to this post 30 Mar 10

Hi

I am new to linux.
    I downloaded and compiled the kernel source 2.6.33.1 (ubuntu 9.1) successfully. The purpose was that I could use the sys call __NR_perf_event_open.
    This sys call is available in the kernel_source/arch/x86/include/asm/unistd_32/64.h
    However when I compiled the source, this sys call is not present in
    $HOME/usr/include/asm/unistd_32/64.h

Interestingly, when I use Vmware as guest in windows and compiled the same source, the sys call is available in $HOME/usr/include/asm/unistd_32/64.h

I need to use __NR_perf_event_open (in a stand alone system i.e. just linux) or __NR_perf_counter_open
    What should I do? Its been the whole weekend I been trying. Please help me.

Regards
    Gul

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board