• Last Logged In: 21 Aug 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Lman
    RE: Distro Choices
    It's a Dell Inspiron 8000. It might be comparable to the C400. So which light weight manager should I use? I'm in the dark as far as arch goes lol.
    Link to this post 25 May 11

It's a Dell Inspiron 8000. It might be comparable to the C400. So which light weight manager should I use? I'm in the dark as far as arch goes lol.

• Lman
    Distro Choices
    Okay so I have a computer that has a 800 mhz processor and a 32mb graphics card. I have tried multiple distros and most of them have issues running on that graphics card. Puppy Linux and Ubuntu can't run functionally, due to the screen going haywire. SliTaz is too small to see. Bohdi Linux is the only one that has worked, but I would like something faster. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    Link to this post 24 May 11

Okay so I have a computer that has a 800 mhz processor and a 32mb graphics card. I have tried multiple distros and most of them have issues running on that graphics card. Puppy Linux and Ubuntu can't run functionally, due to the screen going haywire. SliTaz is too small to see. Bohdi Linux is the only one that has worked, but I would like something faster. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

• Lman
    RE: Join the Nua Lae Project!
    Cool :) I will definitely give it a go and check for any bugs. Will you be posting on here or somewhere else when the iso is available?
    Link to this post 21 May 11

Cool :) I will definitely give it a go and check for any bugs. Will you be posting on here or somewhere else when the iso is available?

• Lman
    RE: Join the Nua Lae Project!
    So I'm just curious but as far as apps go what are you planning to do? I mean, whenever I use Ubuntu with gnome 2, I either find myself using Ubuntu Software Center or Synaptic. I personally don't care too much for synaptic, but will you be able to use the software center considering it's based off of ubuntu? Just wondering :)

So I'm just curious but as far as apps go what are you planning to do? I mean, whenever I use Ubuntu with gnome 2, I either find myself using Ubuntu Software Center or Synaptic. I personally don't care too much for synaptic, but will you be able to use the software center considering it's based off of ubuntu? Just wondering :)

• Lman
    RE: what would be a good beginners book for linux?
    They have a LOT of books advertised on distrowatch. All they really are is links to amazon. You could look on there.

They have a LOT of books advertised on distrowatch. All they really are is links to amazon. You could look on there.

• Lman
    RE: Which distro
    I'm sorry I think you misunderstood. It's got nothing to do with you really, I'm saying you got off on the wrong foot in the sense that Ubuntu is just going through the Unity transfer and the latest release is not in any way stable. I apologize.
    Link to this post 17 May 11

I'm sorry I think you misunderstood. It's got nothing to do with you really, I'm saying you got off on the wrong foot in the sense that Ubuntu is just going through the Unity transfer and the latest release is not in any way stable. I apologize.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board