• Last Logged In: 21 Aug 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Lman
    Erasin Hdds...
    Okay so as far as I can tell Darik's B & N is about the best way to totally erase a hard drive beyond recovery. I have a lot of hard drives to erase before I sell them. I have a setup to where I can mount all my IDE/SATA drives through USB for when I do recovery jobs. I'm just wondering though, would it work if I were physically unmount my laptop hard drive and plug another one into the USB port and then run Dariks?
    Link to this post 23 Jan 12

Okay so as far as I can tell Darik's B & N is about the best way to totally erase a hard drive beyond recovery. I have a lot of hard drives to erase before I sell them. I have a setup to where I can mount all my IDE/SATA drives through USB for when I do recovery jobs. I'm just wondering though, would it work if I were physically unmount my laptop hard drive and plug another one into the USB port and then run Dariks?

• Lman
    RE: All over again...
    Okay that's what I figured. I did all that and I used Hirens to fix the MBR and then just deleted the partition through PartedMagic and it worked great. This thread is over now lol :)
    Link to this post 23 Jan 12

Okay that's what I figured. I did all that and I used Hirens to fix the MBR and then just deleted the partition through PartedMagic and it worked great. This thread is over now lol :)

• Lman
    RE: All over again...
    I know I have to fix the master boot record. I just want to know if I should remove the partition any particular way?
    Link to this post 19 Jan 12

I know I have to fix the master boot record. I just want to know if I should remove the partition any particular way?

• Lman
    All over again...
    Okay so I dual boot WinXP and Bohdi Linux. I am having to use GRUB to choose between them but now I want to get rid of Bohdi and put something entirely different in it's place. So what would be the best way to get of grub and Bohdi so my WinXP will boot on its own?
    Link to this post 13 Jan 12

Okay so I dual boot WinXP and Bohdi Linux. I am having to use GRUB to choose between them but now I want to get rid of Bohdi and put something entirely different in it's place. So what would be the best way to get of grub and Bohdi so my WinXP will boot on its own?

• Lman
    What household use would a server be?
    I'm not sure as to what a server is good for other than cloud management and thin client usage, etc. But I'm just wondering would I be able to possibly fun a website off of it or anything? I am very basic on knowledge at best when it comes to servers.
    Link to this post 14 Jul 11

I'm not sure as to what a server is good for other than cloud management and thin client usage, etc. But I'm just wondering would I be able to possibly fun a website off of it or anything? I am very basic on knowledge at best when it comes to servers.

• Lman
    RE: Noob Questions.
    I'm pretty sure that if you're getting the bootmgr message, whatever Windows you had on there is overriding the boot from the cd. Have you checked your BIOS settings to make sure that your computer is booting the CD/DVD drive first?
    Link to this post 27 May 11

I'm pretty sure that if you're getting the bootmgr message, whatever Windows you had on there is overriding the boot from the cd. Have you checked your BIOS settings to make sure that your computer is booting the CD/DVD drive first?

• Lman
    RE: Distro Choices
    It's a Dell Inspiron 8000. It might be comparable to the C400. So which light weight manager should I use? I'm in the dark as far as arch goes lol.
    Link to this post 25 May 11

It's a Dell Inspiron 8000. It might be comparable to the C400. So which light weight manager should I use? I'm in the dark as far as arch goes lol.

• Lman
    Distro Choices
    Okay so I have a computer that has a 800 mhz processor and a 32mb graphics card. I have tried multiple distros and most of them have issues running on that graphics card. Puppy Linux and Ubuntu can't run functionally, due to the screen going haywire. SliTaz is too small to see. Bohdi Linux is the only one that has worked, but I would like something faster. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    Link to this post 24 May 11

Okay so I have a computer that has a 800 mhz processor and a 32mb graphics card. I have tried multiple distros and most of them have issues running on that graphics card. Puppy Linux and Ubuntu can't run functionally, due to the screen going haywire. SliTaz is too small to see. Bohdi Linux is the only one that has worked, but I would like something faster. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

• Lman
    RE: Join the Nua Lae Project!
    Cool :) I will definitely give it a go and check for any bugs. Will you be posting on here or somewhere else when the iso is available?
    Link to this post 21 May 11

Cool :) I will definitely give it a go and check for any bugs. Will you be posting on here or somewhere else when the iso is available?

• Lman
    RE: Join the Nua Lae Project!
    So I'm just curious but as far as apps go what are you planning to do? I mean, whenever I use Ubuntu with gnome 2, I either find myself using Ubuntu Software Center or Synaptic. I personally don't care too much for synaptic, but will you be able to use the software center considering it's based off of ubuntu? Just wondering :)
    Link to this post 21 May 11

So I'm just curious but as far as apps go what are you planning to do? I mean, whenever I use Ubuntu with gnome 2, I either find myself using Ubuntu Software Center or Synaptic. I personally don't care too much for synaptic, but will you be able to use the software center considering it's based off of ubuntu? Just wondering :)

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board