• Last Logged In: 08 Feb 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • tommi
    RE: connecting RHEL 5.3 to active directory
    This isn't really too hard to do. If you want single sign on you will need a mix of kerberos and ldap. Extend the Active Directory with "MS Services for Unix", this will add the needed entries for unix password/group. First of all I usually run authconfig to configure PAM, this is a little harded to do manually. Next you need to configure the nss mappings, binddn, bindpw, uri in /etc/ldap.conf. You need to install the CA certificate into /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt, I just paste it at the bottom. You need to configure your /etc/krb5.conf according to your AD settings. Useful tools for debugging, getent, kinit, "nscd -i". I'm not quite sure if this is all but you have inspired me to write a howto on this.. Good luck!
    Link to this post 14 May 09

This isn't really too hard to do.

If you want single sign on you will need a mix of kerberos and ldap.

Extend the Active Directory with "MS Services for Unix", this will add the needed entries for unix password/group.

First of all I usually run authconfig to configure PAM, this is a little harded to do manually.

Next you need to configure the nss mappings, binddn, bindpw, uri in /etc/ldap.conf.

You need to install the CA certificate into /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt, I just paste it at the bottom.

You need to configure your /etc/krb5.conf according to your AD settings.

Useful tools for debugging, getent, kinit, "nscd -i".

I'm not quite sure if this is all but you have inspired me to write a howto on this..

Good luck!

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board