• Last Logged In: 06 Feb 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Bloodhoundr
    RE: Problems booting up a presistant USB install
    as I understood Unetbootin is optional. you could use a bootable DVD, which is what I did, to format the 4 gig flash drive and make the 2 partitions through the use of fdisk command. Before I burned the ISO to the DVD I did try to use Unetbootin on a 2 gig flash so that I wouldn't have to use a disk at all but It didn't want to boot up ether so maybe it is broken.
    Link to this post 17 Jan 10

as I understood Unetbootin is optional. you could use a bootable DVD, which is what I did, to format the 4 gig flash drive and make the 2 partitions through the use of fdisk command.

Before I burned the ISO to the DVD I did try to use Unetbootin on a 2 gig flash so that I wouldn't have to use a disk at all but It didn't want to boot up ether so maybe it is broken.

• Bloodhoundr
    Problems booting up a presistant USB install
    I have recently attempted to install Backtrack 4 on my 4 gig flash drive. It is in many ways similar to ubuntu and runs KDE. On the flash I created two partitions. one is fat32 and the other ext3 following this tutorial on how to do it. http://www.infosecramblings.com/backtrack/backtrack-4-usbpersistent-changesnessus/ I made the fat32 with a bootable flag, copied the entire dvd over to the partition and ran the grub-install on the same partition. when I tried booting it, all the screen said was grub at the top left corner and appeared frozen. I think tried to reinstall grub with the same command and it was saying "unknown Partition table signature" about 8 times but the said it was successful with out any errors. This is obviously wrong cuz it doesnt boot. the menu.lst appears to be fine all though I was required to modify it a little if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate I'm a bit stuck
    Link to this post 16 Jan 10

I have recently attempted to install Backtrack 4 on my 4 gig flash drive. It is in many ways similar to ubuntu and runs KDE.
    On the flash I created two partitions. one is fat32 and the other ext3 following this tutorial on how to do it.

http://www.infosecramblings.com/backtrack/backtrack-4-usbpersistent-changesnessus/

I made the fat32 with a bootable flag, copied the entire dvd over to the partition and ran the grub-install on the same partition.
    when I tried booting it, all the screen said was grub at the top left corner and appeared frozen. I think tried to reinstall grub with the same command and it was saying "unknown Partition table signature" about 8 times but the said it was successful with out any errors. This is obviously wrong cuz it doesnt boot.

the menu.lst appears to be fine all though I was required to modify it a little

if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate
    I'm a bit stuck

• Bloodhoundr
    RE: Burning or converting ccd, img, sub to CD?
    Kiso worked really well for me but thanks for the ideas
    Link to this post 11 Aug 09

Kiso worked really well for me but thanks for the ideas

• Bloodhoundr
    yeah I'll try that if Kiso doesn't work. good idea. might work thx. I'll try it. It did come up with that error.
    Link to this post 05 Aug 09

yeah I'll try that if Kiso doesn't work. good idea. might work thx. I'll try it. It did come up with that error.

• Bloodhoundr
    well thx but the problem is that I have three image files that are .ccd .img .sub and they come from a cloneCD, not just a regular iso. I cant find a way to burn them to a disk using linux Help appreciated
    Link to this post 04 Aug 09

well thx but the problem is that I have three image files that are
    .ccd
    .img
    .sub
    and they come from a cloneCD, not just a regular iso.
    I cant find a way to burn them to a disk using linux

Help appreciated

• Bloodhoundr
    bump
    Link to this post 04 Aug 09

bump

• Bloodhoundr
    Burning or converting ccd, img, sub to CD?
    Ok so I'm the kind of person to do his reasurch before asking questions but now I'm just stuck. I can't really find a way to burn a CDimage that's made from cloneCD so if anyone has an idea I'd apreciate it. Just as info I'm running xubuntu/ubuntu desktops and I've already tried using ccd2iso and K3D to make an iso. I've also tried finding a .deb package for ISOmount but no luck. Help apreciated thx
    Link to this post 03 Aug 09

Ok so I'm the kind of person to do his reasurch before asking questions but now I'm just stuck.

I can't really find a way to burn a CDimage that's made from cloneCD so if anyone has an idea I'd apreciate it.

Just as info I'm running xubuntu/ubuntu desktops and I've already tried using ccd2iso and K3D to make an iso. I've also tried finding a .deb package for ISOmount but no luck.

Help apreciated
    thx

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board