• Last Logged In: 29 May 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • mugzilla
    RE: What is in your Box ?
    See sig line for some of it: Ubuntu 9.04 64 bit 320 gig WD Samsung dvd burner Shiny Thermaltake Wind RS case
    Link to this post 14 May 09

See sig line for some of it:

Ubuntu 9.04 64 bit
    320 gig WD
    Samsung dvd burner
    Shiny Thermaltake Wind RS case

• mugzilla
    RE: Why Linux ! !
    It works. No phantom random "ERROR!!!" boxes pop up. Efficient OS. I do not like giving Micro$oft all of my ram and shiny processor to run their damn OS. Those are MY resources, damnit!!! If I DO have a problem, a quick google search, or post in a forum gets me the answer, and the problem goes away. No need to reinstall the OS every 6 mos since it ends up running slower and slower. [img size=800]http://www.linux.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/_cid_22DEF788_1197_4FBF_99B6_1699BDC232E1.jpg[/img]

It works.

No phantom random "ERROR!!!" boxes pop up.

Efficient OS. I do not like giving Micro$oft all of my ram and shiny processor to run their damn OS. Those are MY resources, damnit!!!

If I DO have a problem, a quick google search, or post in a forum gets me the answer, and the problem goes away.

No need to reinstall the OS every 6 mos since it ends up running slower and slower.

• mugzilla
    Codeweavers and STEAM: Anyone using it?
    When I made the jump to 9.04 from vista, I sort of gave up playing my STEAM games. I miss TF2 and CS:S! Multiple google searches (And one failed attempt on my part) showed me that Wine does not run the Steam app well. Anyone using www.codeweavers.com "emulator"? Opinions? If it DOES work as well as steam running on XP, I would grudgingly pay for it. (Not grudgingly because I am a cheap b@stard, but because I am used to not paying for anything OS-wise!) [img size=359]http://www.linux.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/postpix.jpg[/img]

When I made the jump to 9.04 from vista, I sort of gave up playing my STEAM games. I miss TF2 and CS:S!

Multiple google searches (And one failed attempt on my part) showed me that Wine does not run the Steam app well.

Anyone using www.codeweavers.com "emulator"? Opinions? If it DOES work as well as steam running on XP, I would grudgingly pay for it. (Not grudgingly because I am a cheap b@stard, but because I am used to not paying for anything OS-wise!)

• mugzilla
    Viewsonic vx2240 22" + EVGA 8800GTS = WIN
    I picked up this monitor out of necessity: My off-lease Viewsonic 22" CRT (Build date of 12/1996) died. Monitor: Crystal clear, no dead pixels. DVI satisfies. $199 at Compusa. Graphics card: Once cutting edge, it is now last gen. However, it is a real treat to install a distro (Ubuntu 9.04 64 bit), and have the distro find drivers. A fresh install of 9.04 makes my machine feel like a race car again! As my profile says, I am a Linux USER. Not a developer, programmer, tester, etc. Yeah, I can navigate around with the command line, but Ubuntu has become my default OS. (Alright, I DO click to my virtual XP install every so often...) It just thrills me to have EVERYTHING WORK: No BSOD, RROD, no weird "error popup windows that showed up for no good reason.

I picked up this monitor out of necessity: My off-lease Viewsonic 22" CRT (Build date of 12/1996) died.

Monitor: Crystal clear, no dead pixels. DVI satisfies. $199 at Compusa.

Graphics card: Once cutting edge, it is now last gen. However, it is a real treat to install a distro (Ubuntu 9.04 64 bit), and have the distro find drivers. A fresh install of 9.04 makes my machine feel like a race car again!

As my profile says, I am a Linux USER. Not a developer, programmer, tester, etc. Yeah, I can navigate around with the command line, but Ubuntu has become my default OS. (Alright, I DO click to my virtual XP install every so often...) It just thrills me to have EVERYTHING WORK: No BSOD, RROD, no weird "error popup windows that showed up for no good reason.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board