• Last Logged In: 16 Jun 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • daveginorge
    Serial Com Port Problem ttySx
    Hi all CentOS 5 on a DSEB-DG motherboard I am having trouble communicating with my APC UPS on /dev/ttyS0. What I do know: UPS and cables are ok they work ok on my other server. CentOS on a Intel S3210SH M/B Comparing the serial ports in the Hardware browser I notice that the Working system (Intel) is listed as such [code]16500A-compatible Com port 16500A-compatible Com port 16500A-compatible Com port 16500A-compatible Com port[/code] The non working system lists [code]16500A-compatible Com port 16500A-compatible Com port[/code] The com ports are set in the bios as: Com1 3F8/IRQ4 Com2 2F8/IRQ3 So I can see why the system does not work. What I do NOT know: How can I correct this problem. Do I need to re-install the drivers? if so HOW. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Dave
    Link to this post 13 Jun 10

Hi all
    CentOS 5 on a DSEB-DG motherboard

I am having trouble communicating with my APC UPS on /dev/ttyS0.

What I do know:
    UPS and cables are ok they work ok on my other server. CentOS on a Intel S3210SH M/B
    Comparing the serial ports in the Hardware browser I notice that the Working system (Intel) is listed as such

16500A-compatible Com port

The non working system lists

The com ports are set in the bios as:
    Com1 3F8/IRQ4
    Com2 2F8/IRQ3

So I can see why the system does not work.

What I do NOT know:
    How can I correct this problem. Do I need to re-install the drivers? if so HOW.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Dave

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board