• Last Logged In: 31 May 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • shadesia
    RE: ATI Radeon HD 4350
    that's what I'm doing. I've just reinstalled fedora 12 and used that fgrlx. but it's kind a much work, is that possible if I install drivers by using wine or something like that?
    Link to this post 29 Jun 10

that's what I'm doing. I've just reinstalled fedora 12 and used that fgrlx.
    but it's kind a much work, is that possible if I install drivers by using wine or something like that?

• shadesia
    ATI Radeon HD 4350
    I'm looking for right driver of this GPU for Fedora 13. I've tried the driver provided from ATI like version 10.6 but it's not working now. can anybody tell me where I can get this driver?
    Link to this post 27 Jun 10

I'm looking for right driver of this GPU for Fedora 13.
    I've tried the driver provided from ATI like version 10.6 but it's not working now.
    can anybody tell me where I can get this driver?

• shadesia
    RE: dual boot win7ultimate/mint7kde
    but when I used ubuntu last time I didn't need to connect my PC in order to install it. in advance boot option there's no option about this installer. can you give any suggestions?
    Link to this post 26 Jun 10

but when I used ubuntu last time I didn't need to connect my PC in order to install it.
    in advance boot option there's no option about this installer. can you give any suggestions?

• shadesia
    RE: dual boot win7ultimate/mint7kde
    yes that type but when I used ubuntu the choice was seen at startup that I could choose between ubuntu or win 7. but that's not seen if I used mint. where is that exactly? I'd looked over all folders in start menu and I didn't find it.

yes that type but when I used ubuntu the choice was seen at startup that I could choose between ubuntu or win 7.
    but that's not seen if I used mint. where is that exactly? I'd looked over all folders in start menu and I didn't find it.

• shadesia
    dual boot win7ultimate/mint7kde
    I was thinking to use mint 7 kde with my windows 7. but there was 'install inside windows' so then I clicked it. it did something like extracting, creating image, and more so I had to wait. at last it came to tell me to reboot my pc so I did it. I was thinking everything's going to be same as I use ubuntu but there's nothing to be chosen in boot menu. my pc is now running as normal as I've not install mint 7. can anybody tell me the way to install it?

I was thinking to use mint 7 kde with my windows 7.
    but there was 'install inside windows' so then I clicked it.
    it did something like extracting, creating image, and more so I had to wait.
    at last it came to tell me to reboot my pc so I did it.
    I was thinking everything's going to be same as I use ubuntu but there's nothing to be chosen in boot menu.
    my pc is now running as normal as I've not install mint 7.

can anybody tell me the way to install it?

• shadesia
    RE: Choosing a Match Distro
    why does everybody suggest me to use ubuntu if I'm new in linux? what is thing that ubuntu has and the other don't?
    Link to this post 23 Jun 10

why does everybody suggest me to use ubuntu if I'm new in linux?
    what is thing that ubuntu has and the other don't?

• shadesia
    i don't know, i've opened http://www.opensuse.org and it's still 11.2 version. is that suitable for my pc?
    Link to this post 21 Jun 10

i don't know, i've opened http://www.opensuse.org and it's still 11.2 version.
    is that suitable for my pc?

• shadesia
    what about linux mint? is that easy as ubuntu?
    Link to this post 21 Jun 10

what about linux mint?
    is that easy as ubuntu?

• shadesia
    Choosing a Match Distro
    Hi all, I'm new in using linux and i want to migrate since linux is free and I don't have much money to buy windows. i'm confused my much distro of linux. my friends suggested me to use ubuntu 10.04 so I tried to install it to my laptop but then it's failed. now I'm looking for distro that match for my laptop and my school activities also for gaming. my laptop's components : system manuacturer : HP model : CQ41-224TX CPU : Intel Core i3 M350 @2.27Ghz Memory : 2 GB DDR3 SO-DIMM 7-7-7-20 4-27-6 1T Chipset Model : HP Core(Auburndale/Havendale)DRAM Controller Disk Controller Model : HP P55/PM55/3400 4 port SATA AHCI Controller Audio Device Model : HP RV730XT Audio Device [Radeon HD 4670] Ethernet Adapter : Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter GPU : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4350 games : world of warcraft, halo, devil may cry 3-4 I also like to do some programmings. my questions : 1. what is the most suitable linux distro that i can install/use? 2. can I have all drivers installed correctly if I use linux? 3. can i play those games as well as in windows? thanks for helping me in advance, regards, -anwar-
    Link to this post 17 Jun 10

Hi all,
    I'm new in using linux and i want to migrate since linux is free and I don't have much money to buy windows.
    i'm confused my much distro of linux. my friends suggested me to use ubuntu 10.04 so I tried to install it to my laptop but then it's failed. now I'm looking for distro that match for my laptop and my school activities also for gaming.

my laptop's components :
    system manuacturer : HP
    model : CQ41-224TX
    CPU : Intel Core i3 M350 @2.27Ghz
    Memory : 2 GB DDR3 SO-DIMM 7-7-7-20 4-27-6 1T
    Chipset Model : HP Core(Auburndale/Havendale)DRAM Controller
    Disk Controller Model : HP P55/PM55/3400 4 port SATA AHCI Controller
    Audio Device Model : HP RV730XT Audio Device [Radeon HD 4670]
    Ethernet Adapter : Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
    GPU : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4350

games :
    world of warcraft, halo, devil may cry 3-4

I also like to do some programmings.

my questions :
    1. what is the most suitable linux distro that i can install/use?
    2. can I have all drivers installed correctly if I use linux?
    3. can i play those games as well as in windows?

thanks for helping me in advance,

regards,
    -anwar-

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board