• Last Logged In: 03 May 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Armann
    RE: Any good fps for linux out there?
    [b]EJFreed22 wrote:[/b] [quote]well replying to your innitial question their are plenty of good fps out there Quake,[b] Wolfenstein[/b], etc.... but it sounds like your having spec issues so good luck.[/quote] Is that Wolfenstein 3D or something newer ?
    Link to this post 09 Jul 10

EJFreed22 wrote:

well replying to your innitial question their are plenty of good fps out there Quake,[b] Wolfenstein[/b], etc.... but it sounds like your having spec issues so good luck.

Is that Wolfenstein 3D or something newer ?

• Armann
    RE: What Distro is Google using?
    "Goobuntu is the unofficial name of a Linux distribution based on the 'long term support'-versions of Ubuntu, that Google uses internally." "Almost half of the 20,000 employees of Google use Goobuntu." Maybe old news but taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goobuntu
    Link to this post 08 Jul 10

"Goobuntu is the unofficial name of a Linux distribution based on the 'long term support'-versions of Ubuntu, that Google uses internally." "Almost half of the 20,000 employees of Google use Goobuntu."

Maybe old news but taken from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goobuntu

• Armann
    RE: Should I go Linux?
    The only problem for you would be games. I'm a gamer myself, only first person shooters, like cod and css. When it's game time I just dual boot to Windows. I can try the emulators but I haven't been happy with them. They are o.k for games that aren't fps based. Give it a try B)
    Link to this post 08 Jul 10

The only problem for you would be games.

I'm a gamer myself, only first person shooters, like cod and css.

When it's game time I just dual boot to Windows.

I can try the emulators but I haven't been happy with them.
    They are o.k for games that aren't fps based.

Give it a try B)

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board