• Last Logged In: 27 Nov 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • thenixedreport
    RE: What to write?
    Try making a simple text editor similar to edit.com from the old days of DOS, but with a twist; multiple file editing at once. Hope that helps. :)
    Link to this post 05 Jun 12

Try making a simple text editor similar to edit.com from the old days of DOS, but with a twist; multiple file editing at once. Hope that helps. :)

• thenixedreport
    RE: Virus riddled windoze machine
    Regarding Ubuntu's live environment, if your machine has about one gigabyte of RAM, it should be able to run. With 12.04 LTS, I won't vouch for smoothness, but it should do ok. No matter which distro you use, burn it on a CD so you can free up your USB ports for any external storage you're wanting to use in order to back up the data you're wanting.

Regarding Ubuntu's live environment, if your machine has about one gigabyte of RAM, it should be able to run. With 12.04 LTS, I won't vouch for smoothness, but it should do ok. No matter which distro you use, burn it on a CD so you can free up your USB ports for any external storage you're wanting to use in order to back up the data you're wanting.

• thenixedreport
    RE: Im a total noob...
    I will warn you that Zorin would probably not work as it is not compiled for the ARM architecture. You'll probably be better off using a distro listed on [url=http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads]this page here[/url]. The link points towards downloads of the distros already supported as well as instructions for installation. I believe Fedora 17 will also be available if it isn't already. Just remember that the Raspberry Pi uses the ARM architecture as opposed to x86.

I will warn you that Zorin would probably not work as it is not compiled for the ARM architecture. You'll probably be better off using a distro listed on this page here. The link points towards downloads of the distros already supported as well as instructions for installation. I believe Fedora 17 will also be available if it isn't already. Just remember that the Raspberry Pi uses the ARM architecture as opposed to x86.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board