• Last Logged In: 16 Jul 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Orange Worker
    Connecting My Server To A Wireless Router
    Hello, I am running Ubuntu Server. I want to move my server from a data center into my home office. I am going to get a static IP from my internet provider (Comcast). I have one cable modem hooked up into a wireless router. If I connect my server to the wireless router, will I be able to access my website? Or is it more complicated than that? My question is, what steps do I need to take in order to make this transition work? 1. Obtain a static IP 2. Point my domain name to the new IP address (not sure if I'm saying that correctly, but I think it needs to get done as well) Thanks for the help. Henry
    Link to this post 17 Jul 10

Hello,

I am running Ubuntu Server. I want to move my server from a data center into my home office. I am going to get a static IP from my internet provider (Comcast). I have one cable modem hooked up into a wireless router. If I connect my server to the wireless router, will I be able to access my website? Or is it more complicated than that?

My question is, what steps do I need to take in order to make this transition work?

1. Obtain a static IP
    2. Point my domain name to the new IP address (not sure if I'm saying that correctly, but I think it needs to get done as well)

Thanks for the help.

Henry

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board