• Last Logged In: 18 Feb 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • bungiex88
    Nothing works
    Ive had trouble installing it but finally got it to install but now nothing works. Updates stall half way through, nothing will download, no applications will even show up to download. I needed a graphics driver and i cant install it. i think if i can install that it might start working. The file is a .run file and i have no clue how to install it.
    Link to this post 11 Aug 11

Ive had trouble installing it but finally got it to install but now nothing works. Updates stall half way through, nothing will download, no applications will even show up to download. I needed a graphics driver and i cant install it. i think if i can install that it might start working. The file is a .run file and i have no clue how to install it.

• bungiex88
    Installling drivers before bootup
    I installed fedora onto my laptop and when the desktop background loads up nothing happens. I found out it needs a driver to work properly. I downloaded the driver after installing windows back onto my computer and was wondering how i can install it after i install fedora back on before it boots up.
    Link to this post 10 Aug 11

I installed fedora onto my laptop and when the desktop background loads up nothing happens. I found out it needs a driver to work properly. I downloaded the driver after installing windows back onto my computer and was wondering how i can install it after i install fedora back on before it boots up.

• bungiex88
    RE: Please i need help
    i looked into the driver for the ati and i found one to download. How can i install it after i install fedora when nothing happens at desktop. can i burn it to a cd and install it during the boot up some how.
    Link to this post 08 Aug 11

i looked into the driver for the ati and i found one to download. How can i install it after i install fedora when nothing happens at desktop. can i burn it to a cd and install it during the boot up some how.

• bungiex88
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200. Im almost positive for ubuntu its the video card. Because if i booted ubuntu into graphics safe mode then ubuntu would boot up and actually work but wouldnt boot up normally. I downloaded a fedora dvd from the internet and it did the same thing. It installed fine but when it loaded up the desktop background would pop up then nothing else would happen.
    Link to this post 08 Aug 11

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200.
    Im almost positive for ubuntu its the video card. Because if i booted ubuntu into graphics safe mode then ubuntu would boot up and actually work but wouldnt boot up normally. I downloaded a fedora dvd from the internet and it did the same thing. It installed fine but when it loaded up the desktop background would pop up then nothing else would happen.

• bungiex88
    i was downloading from the distro sites but now im downloading from linux torrent site using torrents.
    Link to this post 07 Aug 11

i was downloading from the distro sites but now im downloading from linux torrent site using torrents.

• bungiex88
    ubuntu will install fine and then when in loads up it gets to the desktop and nothing happens all it is is the desktop background and nothing else. The fedora was a live cd im downloading full dvd right now so well see if that works first.

ubuntu will install fine and then when in loads up it gets to the desktop and nothing happens all it is is the desktop background and nothing else. The fedora was a live cd im downloading full dvd right now so well see if that works first.

• bungiex88
    Please i need help
    Please i need help. My laptop is a dell inspiron m5030. My processor is a amd athlon 2 p340 duel core 2.2ghz. Im trying to get linux on my computer and i cant find one to work. Ive used ubuntu on my desktop for years but that desktop is dead. i wouldnt mind trying something new out. Ubuntu will not work with my laptop. Fodora will not install. Opensuse and mandriva will not download properly. Please help i hate windows with a passion and im trying to fix it.

Please i need help. My laptop is a dell inspiron m5030. My processor is a amd athlon 2 p340 duel core 2.2ghz. Im trying to get linux on my computer and i cant find one to work. Ive used ubuntu on my desktop for years but that desktop is dead. i wouldnt mind trying something new out. Ubuntu will not work with my laptop. Fodora will not install. Opensuse and mandriva will not download properly. Please help i hate windows with a passion and im trying to fix it.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board