• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 01 Aug 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • lakshmipathi
    RE: good speech recognition software for linux?
    Distro won't be an issue (since it could installed ,if needed). Looking for very good speech recognition tool. do post the feedback of any tool which you have used.Thanks the details. :)
    Link to this post 08 Dec 09

Distro won't be an issue (since it could installed ,if needed). Looking for very good speech recognition tool.
    do post the feedback of any tool which you have used.Thanks the details. :)

• lakshmipathi
    good speech recognition software for linux?
    Does anyone know Good speech recognition software in linux? . Please let me know.
    Link to this post 30 Nov 09

Does anyone know Good speech recognition software in linux? . Please let me know.

• lakshmipathi
    RE: Anybody needs me for something?
    Hi Archi_Kombi, If you can provide more details about your area of interest on a programming language -whether it's C/C++/Java or python/GTK+ etc- will help member from this forum to approach you :)
    Link to this post 12 Oct 09

Hi Archi_Kombi,
    If you can provide more details about your area of interest on a programming language -whether it's C/C++/Java or python/GTK+ etc- will help member from this forum to approach you :)

• lakshmipathi
    Help on Extremely Minimal Kernel config file
    Hi all, I'm having fun with linux. Created a new linux distro's with oss friends.For past few weeks,we are stuck with creating a minimal kernel image(not supports modules) that supports network support.Can someone help us with extremely minimal kernel config. file that supports network ? (more info: http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/coffee-lounge/152907-extremely-minial-linux.html)
    Link to this post 12 Oct 09

Hi all,
    I'm having fun with linux. Created a new linux distro's with oss friends.For past few weeks,we are stuck with creating a minimal kernel image(not supports modules) that supports network support.Can someone help us with extremely minimal kernel config. file that supports network ?

(more info: http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/coffee-lounge/152907-extremely-minial-linux.html)

• lakshmipathi
    RE: How to create a new root file system?
    Thanks atreyu. Now i have mini-linux built from busybox with size 14MB B) Need to explore a bit with busybox and LFS ,hopefully uploaded and available for others soon :)
    Link to this post 03 Jul 09

Thanks atreyu.
    Now i have mini-linux built from busybox with size 14MB B)
    Need to explore a bit with busybox and LFS ,hopefully uploaded and available for others soon :)

• lakshmipathi
    After nearly 20 hrs,now i have my distro minimal (LFS 6.4) :) But it has size of around 800MB. How to reduce it's size? Is it possible to create minimal distro less than 100MB or even 50 MB with LFS itself or should I use busybox?
    Link to this post 15 Jun 09

After nearly 20 hrs,now i have my distro minimal (LFS 6.4) :)
    But it has size of around 800MB. How to reduce it's size?
    Is it possible to create minimal distro less than 100MB
    or even 50 MB with LFS itself or should I use busybox?

• lakshmipathi
    Yes,I'm learning about linux internals ,I'll use LFS and also check the busybox. Thanks for useful links and details.
    Link to this post 03 Jun 09

Yes,I'm learning about linux internals ,I'll use LFS and also check the busybox. Thanks for useful links and details.

• lakshmipathi
    Thanks,Vlad. I have downloaded and complied a kernel (2.6.25.4) . Now I want to Know how to create an new root file system ( i'm learning about Linux). I have a new partition (say /dev/sda6) with 10 GB , I have formatted it as ext3. How to proceed here after? I want to learn about these stuff , which i believe ,will be really useful while i'm trying to create my own distro or virtual appliance kind of stuff,in future.
    Link to this post 02 Jun 09

Thanks,Vlad.
    I have downloaded and complied a kernel (2.6.25.4) . Now I want to Know how to create an new root file system ( i'm learning about Linux). I have a new partition (say /dev/sda6) with 10 GB , I have formatted it as ext3. How to proceed here after?

I want to learn about these stuff , which i believe ,will be really useful while i'm trying to create my own distro or virtual appliance kind of stuff,in future.

• lakshmipathi
    How to create a new root file system?
    How to create a new root file system a kernel? I'm searching for answers for past few weeks . :S Is LFS only way out? Or should i try something like virual appliances ? something like rpath or jeos etc....I need to create a new root file system , from scratch so my kernel can use it. Any help ?:blink:
    Link to this post 28 May 09

How to create a new root file system a kernel?
    I'm searching for answers for past few weeks . :S
    Is LFS only way out? Or should i try something like virual appliances ? something like rpath or jeos etc....I need to create a new root file system , from scratch so my kernel can use it.

Any help ?:blink:

• lakshmipathi
    RE: Linux.com Groups
    yes,too many groups here..i think they need to be properly managed. Inactive groups can deleted after informing the group owner.
    Link to this post 28 May 09

yes,too many groups here..i think they need to be properly managed. Inactive groups can deleted after informing the group owner.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board