• Last Logged In: 27 Jul 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • linuxfever
    RE: Ralink RT3070 not responding
    OK guys: Enabling or disabling is not an issue any longer...I removed the Broadcom card physically. Still unable to connect to the Ralink USB adapter. At lsusb command, no usb devices seen by the computer. Device is working on Windows platform with no problem. I will keep looking for the solution here. I am sure the gurus will put me in the right track. Thanks
    Link to this post 25 Jul 10

OK guys: Enabling or disabling is not an issue any longer...I removed the Broadcom card physically. Still unable to connect to the Ralink USB adapter. At lsusb command, no usb devices seen by the computer. Device is working on Windows platform with no problem. I will keep looking for the solution here. I am sure the gurus will put me in the right track. Thanks

• linuxfever
    Hi: at lspci | grep -i broad command I get ""02 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corp. Netxtreme BCM 5751 PCI Express 03: Network controlle: Broadcom corp. BCM4318 (airforce One) Wireless Lan Controller 54g There is no doubt that I need to disable the PCI adapter. Tried to do it with some guidance on the web without success. Thanks

Hi: at lspci | grep -i broad command I get ""02 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corp. Netxtreme BCM 5751 PCI Express
    03: Network controlle: Broadcom corp. BCM4318 (airforce One) Wireless Lan Controller 54g

There is no doubt that I need to disable the PCI adapter. Tried to do it with some guidance on the web without success.
    Thanks

• linuxfever
    Hi: Just went to System Tools, Hardware Detection and Drivers, entered root password and hit Discover PCI/USB Devices. Thanks

Hi: Just went to System Tools, Hardware Detection and Drivers, entered root password and hit Discover PCI/USB Devices.

Thanks

• linuxfever
    Ralink RT3070 not responding
    Hi everybody: Newbie here with first question. I have been reading for the past 2 days trying to configure Ralink RT3070 USB\ wireless card with not much success. I am using SliTaz downloaded image in a Dell D610 Laptop after it crashed with WinXP a few days ago. The system recognizes the wireless using Hardware detection and drivers, but this is the info retrieved: Detected USB devices Kernel modules ================================= 802.11 n WLAN sh: rt3070sta-firmware: unknown operand ! Missing module: rt2870sta rt3070sta sed: unmatched ' / ' Forgot to indicate that the Laptop has a PCI wireless card (Broadcom chip) that i assume is active. Any help given on this matter will be deeply appreciated. Thanks
    Link to this post 23 Jul 10

Hi everybody: Newbie here with first question. I have been reading for the past 2 days trying to configure Ralink RT3070 USB\ wireless card with not much success. I am using SliTaz downloaded image in a Dell D610 Laptop after it crashed with WinXP a few days ago. The system recognizes the wireless using Hardware detection and drivers, but this is the info
    retrieved:

Detected USB devices Kernel modules
    =================================
    802.11 n WLAN
    sh: rt3070sta-firmware: unknown operand
    ! Missing module: rt2870sta
    rt3070sta
    sed: unmatched ' / '

Forgot to indicate that the Laptop has a PCI wireless card (Broadcom chip) that i assume is active.
    Any help given on this matter will be deeply appreciated. Thanks

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board