• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 29 Aug 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Cupids Hostage
    RE: Whats a Good Quality Laptop to Run LINUX?
    OH SWEET! Thank You for the post!
    Link to this post 26 Aug 10

OH SWEET! Thank You for the post!

• Cupids Hostage
    Whats a Good Quality Laptop to Run LINUX?
    closest thread to laptops... U_U i know. N00B.. but I NEED it to run linux w/out BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH But I'm looking to get a new laptop for my LINUX programming/ OS. [I will be running Dual OS, so far.] I don't know what IS a "GOOD" laptop. there are so many mixed reviews so Im looking to the programmers for opinions since I will be doing the same thing, typically, using linux for programming. Dell? Toshiba? Compaq? Alienware? [I thinks its overpriced, M0Ding is cheaper,] [I stay away from MACs cuz I want to swap parts myself and upgrade hassle free] SINCE I'm M0dding it myself, I'm getting JUST the basics. So Other than the MOTHERBOARD, what should I fully upgrade that I cant do myself by going into like a best buy and buying the parts myself? By Good I mean long battery life, Durability, functionality, internal parts wont be wonky... I'd Appreciate all the help I can get THX!
    Link to this post 26 Aug 10

closest thread to laptops... U_U i know. N00B.. but I NEED it to run linux w/out BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH

But I'm looking to get a new laptop for my LINUX programming/ OS. [I will be running Dual OS, so far.]

I don't know what IS a "GOOD" laptop. there are so many mixed reviews so Im looking to the programmers for opinions since I will be doing the same thing, typically, using linux for programming.

Dell? Toshiba? Compaq? Alienware? [I thinks its overpriced, M0Ding is cheaper,] [I stay away from MACs cuz I want to swap parts myself and upgrade hassle free]

SINCE I'm M0dding it myself, I'm getting JUST the basics. So Other than the MOTHERBOARD, what should I fully upgrade that I cant do myself by going into like a best buy and buying the parts myself?

By Good I mean long battery life, Durability, functionality, internal parts wont be wonky...

I'd Appreciate all the help I can get THX!

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board