• Last Logged In: 25 May

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • crond
    RE: So, I decided to...
    " Is it for free? " No doubt in that. I am very very happy to share with anyone if they interested. Right now am in work place. Will send to your id, you mentioned in your first post, once I reach my home. Regarding the last part, I prefer Fedora, since thats my very first Linux distro .ANd moreover, the "vi" editor that you will use to do 'C' program, in Fedora is good, whereas in Ubuntu you need to update the same for easy use. If you are installing any one of those, in your hard drive you need to choose the "GCC" option to install [ in fedora ] . If you are trying as Live CD/DVD boot without hard drive, it will be there. I remember, I used it .
    Link to this post 20 Feb 12

" Is it for free? "
    No doubt in that. I am very very happy to share with anyone if they interested.
    Right now am in work place. Will send to your id, you mentioned in your first post, once I reach my home.

Regarding the last part, I prefer Fedora, since thats my very first Linux distro .ANd moreover, the "vi" editor that you will use to do 'C' program, in Fedora is good, whereas in Ubuntu you need to update the same for easy use.

If you are installing any one of those, in your hard drive you need to choose the "GCC" option to install [ in fedora ] .
    If you are trying as Live CD/DVD boot without hard drive, it will be there. I remember, I used it .

• crond
    RE: So, I decided to...
    Glad to see you here. You made a good[the best] decision , Learning 'C' "I know C is almost like C++ " No. C++ is almost like 'C', with some more feautres and filling the de-merits of 'C' . If you really want to learn 'C' in a deep, avoid some sort of books, which is based on the Number of Days to complete [ without considering the reader's capacity ] . Get one copy of "The C Programming Language" By, the 'C'-language creators, Ritchie and Ken Thomson. I bet, you will enjoy that. you can use Mingw in Windows as Mfillpot told, and turbo c if you want , till you get rid of ants. If your harddrive alone affected, remaining parts are good means, you can do, 1. remove your hard disk 2. Get one Linux Live CD/DVD or even USB 3. Boot from CD/DVD/USB 4. Learn 'C' pgm, do 'C' pgm and dont forget to copy your work to another medium, [ just a pen drive]. If you want soft copy of that book, just let me to know Have a great stay here,
    Link to this post 20 Feb 12

Glad to see you here.
    You made a good[the best] decision , Learning 'C'

"I know C is almost like C++ "
    No. C++ is almost like 'C', with some more feautres and filling the de-merits of 'C' .

If you really want to learn 'C' in a deep, avoid some sort of books, which is based on the Number of Days to complete [ without considering the reader's capacity ] .

Get one copy of "The C Programming Language" By, the 'C'-language creators, Ritchie and Ken Thomson.

I bet, you will enjoy that.

you can use Mingw in Windows as Mfillpot told, and turbo c if you want , till you get rid of ants.

If your harddrive alone affected, remaining parts are good means, you can do,

1. remove your hard disk
    2. Get one Linux Live CD/DVD or even USB
    3. Boot from CD/DVD/USB
    4. Learn 'C' pgm, do 'C' pgm and dont forget to copy your work to another medium, [ just a pen drive].

If you want soft copy of that book, just let me to know

Have a great stay here,

• crond
    RE: WHen the Groups will Return?
    yah sure. I saw you guys when I peek into that. But, mostly I may not have time to enter IRC, at the same time when you people are.
    Link to this post 01 Feb 12

yah sure. I saw you guys when I peek into that.
    But, mostly I may not have time to enter IRC, at the same time when you people are.

• crond
    RE: Installing along side Windows XP
    "Run" , at the same time or seperately? either case, you can visit, https://www.linux.com/community/forums/getting-started-with-linux/a-few-quick-questions then the link from arochester

"Run" , at the same time or seperately?

either case, you can visit,

https://www.linux.com/community/forums/getting-started-with-linux/a-few-quick-questions

then the link from arochester

• crond
    RE: WHen the Groups will Return?
    sounds great. If there is place to discuss about what people know, with others [ kind of blog posts, discussion ,tutorials or whatever], it will be helpful . Thanks Daniel

sounds great.

If there is place to discuss about what people know, with others [ kind of blog posts, discussion ,tutorials or whatever], it will be helpful .

Thanks Daniel

• crond
    RE: Where should I start...literally?
    1. Learn How Linux is booting 2. Linux File Structure [ http://tldp.org/LDP/intro-linux/html/sect_03_01.html ] I hope these 2 will give a head shot about Linux quickly. Then you can/should start with "bash" scripting, since you want to become Admin . Edit: And visit this site[ and other linux Q & A, Linux IRC channels] very often, to see how the problems are getting solved.
    Link to this post 31 Jan 12

1. Learn How Linux is booting
    2. Linux File Structure [ http://tldp.org/LDP/intro-linux/html/sect_03_01.html ]

I hope these 2 will give a head shot about Linux quickly.

Then you can/should start with "bash" scripting, since you want to become Admin .

Edit: And visit this site[ and other linux Q & A, Linux IRC channels] very often, to see how the problems are getting solved.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board