• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 21 Oct 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • StarKillerII
    Netgear WNA1100 not working with Ubuntu 10.10?
    I've recently installed 10.10 onto my desktop and have it connected to my modem via Ethernet cable. I could not find any drivers in the software center or the Synaptic Package Manager. In the Terminal I inputted [b]~$ lsusb[/b] and I see that it reads it as a Netgear product, but I don't know how to install drivers/a package so that I may connect to the modem via wireless antenna. in the Terminal this is displayed for the Netgear antenna: [b] Bus 001 Device 010: ID 0846:9030 NetGear, Inc. [/b] Any Suggestions, or anyone with the same problem and a solution? Much obliged.
    Link to this post 21 Oct 10

I've recently installed 10.10 onto my desktop and have it connected to my modem via Ethernet cable. I could not find any drivers in the software center or the Synaptic Package Manager. In the Terminal I inputted ~$ lsusb and I see that it reads it as a Netgear product, but I don't know how to install drivers/a package so that I may connect to the modem via wireless antenna. in the Terminal this is displayed for the Netgear antenna: Bus 001 Device 010: ID 0846:9030 NetGear, Inc. Any Suggestions, or anyone with the same problem and a solution? Much obliged.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board