• Last Logged In: 25 Nov 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • philllip.gresham
    ATI HD550v
    I am planning to replace my 7-year-old Dell Inspiron laptop with something more modern. I am considering the Inspiron 14R. It has a fast processor, and it's a good compromise between weight and screen size. However, the video card I am thinking about getting is the 1GB ATI Radeon HD550V. I can't find many reviews about the compatibility with linux, particularly Fedora. Has anyone used this video card? Does anyone have experience with the Inspiron 14[r]? The hardware, other than the video card, seems pretty standard. The wireless card is a Dell (probably Broadcom), so it should work without any problems. Thanks.
    Link to this post 26 Nov 10

I am planning to replace my 7-year-old Dell Inspiron laptop with something more modern.

I am considering the Inspiron 14R. It has a fast processor, and it's a good compromise between weight and screen size. However, the video card I am thinking about getting is the 1GB ATI Radeon HD550V.

I can't find many reviews about the compatibility with linux, particularly Fedora. Has anyone used this video card? Does anyone have experience with the Inspiron 14[r]? The hardware, other than the video card, seems pretty standard. The wireless card is a Dell (probably Broadcom), so it should work without any problems.

Thanks.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board