• Last Logged In: 15 Dec 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • pav29
    Android, Mono framework
    My question is not directly about the kernel, but it’s still about the insides of the OS, so I couldn’t find a better place to ask it. Google's Android, as I understand it, is essentially a java framework on top of linux kernel. And Java is not the only machine independent framework, dot net and mono are similar in purpose. So my question is: has any one tried to put Mono framework on top of linux kernel and to create an OS that is similar to android?
    Link to this post 15 Dec 10

My question is not directly about the kernel, but it’s still about the insides of the OS, so I couldn’t find a better place to ask it.
    Google's Android, as I understand it, is essentially a java framework on top of linux kernel. And Java is not the only machine independent framework, dot net and mono are similar in purpose. So my question is: has any one tried to put Mono framework on top of linux kernel and to create an OS that is similar to android?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board