• Last Logged In: 01 Jan 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • thadinator
    RE: manual android update
    [b]Goineasy9 wrote:[/b] [quote]Matt is correct about rooting and the possible consequences. But what kind of netbook has no markings? Could you look through the settings and see if there is any more information. It might be in the "About" section. Also check underneath the netbook and see if there are any serial numbers etc., just curious.[/quote] I am well aware of the possible consequences, but as I attempted to demonstrate, there is no OTA update in my future AFAIK. According to the about section, the brand is 'Generic.' It was bought from heartlandamerica.com (I'm not sure if the product is still up) and again I found no manufacturer. The manual also has no copyright or other identifying marks.
    Link to this post 02 Jan 11

Goineasy9 wrote:

Matt is correct about rooting and the possible consequences. But what kind of netbook has no markings? Could you look through the settings and see if there is any more information. It might be in the "About" section.
    Also check underneath the netbook and see if there are any serial numbers etc., just curious.

I am well aware of the possible consequences, but as I attempted to demonstrate, there is no OTA update in my future AFAIK. According to the about section, the brand is 'Generic.' It was bought from heartlandamerica.com (I'm not sure if the product is still up) and again I found no manufacturer. The manual also has no copyright or other identifying marks.

• thadinator
    manual android update
    I received a netbook for christmas that is running version 1.9, and I don't know how to update it. I cannot find a brand name anywhere on it and there does not appear to be any sort of built in updater, so I assume I need to 'root it,' so any advise would really be appreciated. Sidenote: has anyone else had a problem with the wifi systems settings menu and/or the youtube app repeatedly crashing?
    Link to this post 31 Dec 10

I received a netbook for christmas that is running version 1.9, and I don't know how to update it. I cannot find a brand name anywhere on it and there does not appear to be any sort of built in updater, so I assume I need to 'root it,' so any advise would really be appreciated.

Sidenote: has anyone else had a problem with the wifi systems settings menu and/or the youtube app repeatedly crashing?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board