• Last Logged In: 10 Jan 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Magicman101
    New to Linux. Which one?
    Ok, so I am finally getting annoyed with with windows, can't afford anything by Apple, so i decided to give Linux a whirl. However there were many different options to choose from, and i had no idea where to start or what to download. For the most part i use my computer for homework purposes, ie writing term papers/ browsing the web. As well as media veiwing/ presenting Power points(or whatever the Linux equivalent is). So I guess my question is, which one should i download? Also, can you dual boot with Linux and windows? There are some programs for example, Adobe Premier, that that i would like to keep. Thanks in advanced, Magicman
    Link to this post 10 Jan 11

Ok, so I am finally getting annoyed with with windows, can't afford anything by Apple, so i decided to give Linux a whirl. However there were many different options to choose from, and i had no idea where to start or what to download. For the most part i use my computer for homework purposes, ie writing term papers/ browsing the web. As well as media veiwing/ presenting Power points(or whatever the Linux equivalent is). So I guess my question is, which one should i download?

Also, can you dual boot with Linux and windows? There are some programs for example, Adobe Premier, that that i would like to keep.

Thanks in advanced,
    Magicman

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board