• Last Logged In: 13 Jan 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • slayer91790
    RE: Installation issue with Ubuntu
    If I wipe windows 7 from my computer and install with a ISO cd, you think that could do the trick or is it just hardware issues?
    Link to this post 14 Jan 11

If I wipe windows 7 from my computer and install with a ISO cd, you think that could do the trick or is it just hardware issues?

• slayer91790
    Thanks for the great info Karma! How would I go about installing with a ISO cd? Would I have to partition my hard drive?

Thanks for the great info Karma! How would I go about installing with a ISO cd? Would I have to partition my hard drive?

• slayer91790
    I'm using the windows 7 bootloader and trying to install the new 10.10 Ubuntu using the windows installer. I followed this steps that Ubuntu gave me. http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/windows-installer My Rig. - ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - SLI EVGA 256-P2-N527-RX GeForce 7800GTX 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Support Video Card, - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Black Edition Processor - CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Thanks guys for helping me out but I have a rookie question. The GRUB is it somewhat like DOS of Linux? What are kernels and do I install once I have Linux running or before.

I'm using the windows 7 bootloader and trying to install the new 10.10 Ubuntu using the windows installer.
    I followed this steps that Ubuntu gave me. http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/windows-installer

My Rig.
    - ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard
    - SLI EVGA 256-P2-N527-RX GeForce 7800GTX 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Support Video Card,
    - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Black Edition Processor
    - CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

Thanks guys for helping me out but I have a rookie question. The GRUB is it somewhat like DOS of Linux? What are kernels and do I install once I have Linux running or before.

• slayer91790
    Installation issue with Ubuntu
    I have a computer with Windows 7 Enterprise and was trying to install Ubuntu using the Windows installer. It downloads and installs okay which reboots to the dual boot screen to pick Ubuntu. Once I pick Ubuntu it tells me finishing up installation with a 5 sec timer and then all I get is just lines of 3.161782] [fffffff81084d46] srcu_notifier_call_call_chain which each line has different numbers and sayings. I even tried to install it with a ISO cd install method and same story! I'm stuck any ideas why I'm getting this problem? Thanks. [img size=350]http://www.linux.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/error1.gif[/img]
    Link to this post 13 Jan 11

I have a computer with Windows 7 Enterprise and was trying to install Ubuntu using the Windows installer. It downloads and installs okay which reboots to the dual boot screen to pick Ubuntu. Once I pick Ubuntu it tells me finishing up installation with a 5 sec timer and then all I get is just lines of 3.161782] [fffffff81084d46] srcu_notifier_call_call_chain which each line has different numbers and sayings. I even tried to install it with a ISO cd install method and same story! I'm stuck any ideas why I'm getting this problem? Thanks.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board