• Last Logged In: 15 Feb 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • carmonsterr
    RE: Having Trouble With Sudoer List...
    Wow, All those are helpful so thanks again. A blog on Fedora would be amazing i think. Keep up the good work. Carson M
    Link to this post 15 Jan 11

Wow,
    All those are helpful so thanks again. A blog on Fedora would be amazing i think. Keep up the good
    work.
    Carson M

• carmonsterr
    RE: Having Trouble With Sudoer List...
    Thanks a lot Goineasy9 , That worked perfectly. I thought when i first registered my guest it would allow me root privileges which i thought included those of sudo. Anyways, are there any programs you recommend to me for Fedora? Thanks Again, Carson M
    Link to this post 15 Jan 11

Thanks a lot Goineasy9 ,
    That worked perfectly. I thought when i first registered my guest it would allow me root privileges which i thought included those of sudo. Anyways, are there any programs you recommend to me for Fedora?
    Thanks Again,
    Carson M

• carmonsterr
    Having Trouble With Sudoer List...
    Hey guys, I just downloaded Fedora after having some problems with Ubuntu and noticed that i cannot just use the sudo command anymore. It says my user is not on the sudoer list. I use the visudo command but was not sure on what exactly needed to be put down. My username is Sudo if that helps. Thanks a lot, Carson M
    Link to this post 14 Jan 11

Hey guys,
    I just downloaded Fedora after having some problems with Ubuntu and noticed that i cannot just use the sudo command anymore. It says my user is not on the sudoer list. I use the visudo command but was not sure on what exactly needed to be put down.
    My username is Sudo if that helps.
    Thanks a lot,
    Carson M

• carmonsterr
    RE: Installation issue with Ubuntu
    which version of Ubuntu did you try?

which version of Ubuntu did you try?

• carmonsterr
    RE: HELP--Network Manager Deleted
    Thanks for the help, It still says the same thing about and "Invalid Operation Policy" I dont think that the policy exists seeing as how it was deleted.

Thanks for the help,
    It still says the same thing about and "Invalid Operation Policy"
    I dont think that the policy exists seeing as how it was deleted.

• carmonsterr
    Thanks for Helping, I tried using the Synaptic approach by getting the network-manager off of the Ubuntu CD but wasnt sure how to get it. I also tried your second approach: auto lo iface lo inet loopback address 192.168.104.161 netmask 255.255.252.0 gateway 192,168,104,1 I wasnt sure on how to get the DNS Servers through another computer. Am i supposed to run the ppoeconf command after this?

Thanks for Helping,
    I tried using the Synaptic approach by getting the network-manager off of the Ubuntu CD but wasnt sure how to get it. I also tried your second approach:
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback
    address 192.168.104.161
    netmask 255.255.252.0
    gateway 192,168,104,1
    I wasnt sure on how to get the DNS Servers through another computer.
    Am i supposed to run the ppoeconf command after this?

• carmonsterr
    Thanks A lot for the Help, When i entered that in, it replied, "E: Invalid operation policy". Does that mean it's completely removed?

Thanks A lot for the Help,
    When i entered that in, it replied, "E: Invalid operation policy".
    Does that mean it's completely removed?

• carmonsterr
    HELP--Network Manager Deleted
    My Recent Ubuntu 10.10 update recommended that i remove 4 programs, one of which was my network manager. Because this is gone i can no longer access the internet. The connection logo is no longer in the top-right corner either. Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks alot, Carson M
    Link to this post 13 Jan 11

My Recent Ubuntu 10.10 update recommended that i remove 4 programs, one of which was my network manager. Because this is gone i can no longer access the internet. The connection logo is no longer in the top-right corner either.
    Any help would be much appreciated,
    Thanks alot,
    Carson M

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board