• Last Logged In: 12 Jul 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • RickSMO
    RE: made the switch
    yep, just like you previously recommended.
    Link to this post 30 Jun 11

yep, just like you previously recommended.

• RickSMO
    RE: Problem with graphics card's "driver"
    You may not want to hear this, but have you tested this problem with a LCD? Also, CRTs are definitely not better then LCDs, aside from the large size and weight, their also a lot worse on your eyes and emit more radiation. I could be wrong, but sounds to me like your problem is the CRT monitor, your problem is you can't use a higher resolution and go to a size you would like, that is because your monitor wouldn't support it. Let me know if you prove me wrong on this, but I believe it is your issue.

You may not want to hear this, but have you tested this problem with a LCD? Also, CRTs are definitely not better then LCDs, aside from the large size and weight, their also a lot worse on your eyes and emit more radiation.

I could be wrong, but sounds to me like your problem is the CRT monitor, your problem is you can't use a higher resolution and go to a size you would like, that is because your monitor wouldn't support it.

Let me know if you prove me wrong on this, but I believe it is your issue.

• RickSMO
    made the switch
    Well, after much thought about the conversation I had with mfillpot, I decided to go with Fedora over Ubuntu for the time being. Enjoying my decision so far.

Well, after much thought about the conversation I had with mfillpot, I decided to go with Fedora over Ubuntu for the time being. Enjoying my decision so far.

• RickSMO
    RE: Best Password safety?[RESOLVED VIA IRC CHAT]
    no worries but still would like your input, so please let me know anything additional you'd like to add.
    Link to this post 28 Jun 11

no worries but still would like your input, so please let me know anything additional you'd like to add.

• RickSMO
    Yes we can do that, Also I found the chat room. I'll be there at 9pm central (10pm est)

Yes we can do that, Also I found the chat room. I'll be there at 9pm central (10pm est)

• RickSMO
    That would be great, what time frame should I connect to the server?

That would be great, what time frame should I connect to the server?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board