• Last Logged In: 02 Dec 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Stefan Certic
    RE: KVM network bridge iptables question
    Hi Eshaffer, TCP header need to supply destination IP address information in order for gateway to know where to route packet, apply translation if needed, and perform similar tasks. Since there is no ip address defined, there is no way for packet to even reach your interface, therefore socket cannot be opened to communicate with your system at application level. But in case i missed something, this should do the job. iptables -A INPUT -i eth1 -j DROP iptables -A OUTPUT -i eth1 -j DROP
    Link to this post 02 Dec 11

Hi Eshaffer,

TCP header need to supply destination IP address information in order for gateway to know where to route packet, apply translation if needed, and perform similar tasks. Since there is no ip address defined, there is no way for packet to even reach your interface, therefore socket cannot be opened to communicate with your system at application level.

But in case i missed something, this should do the job.

iptables -A INPUT -i eth1 -j DROP
    iptables -A OUTPUT -i eth1 -j DROP

• Stefan Certic
    RE: Kernel Caching problem
    Hi, How do you handle your file writes? Have you considered using O_DIRECT within your output file handle? It is going to bypass linux buffering and cache and force DMA directly to physical memory.
    Link to this post 20 Feb 11

Hi,

How do you handle your file writes? Have you considered using O_DIRECT within your output file handle? It is going to bypass linux buffering and cache and force DMA directly to physical memory.

• Stefan Certic
    Bind9 DNS Server Logging
    Hi, Apart from standard Bind9 query log, is it possible to log actual response returned to a client? If someone queries forward zone, how can i put actual forwarder response in log and eventually match that response with original data for analytical purposes. Thanks,
    Link to this post 17 Feb 11

Hi,

Apart from standard Bind9 query log, is it possible to log actual response returned to a client?
    If someone queries forward zone, how can i put actual forwarder response in log and eventually match that response with original data for analytical purposes.

Thanks,

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board