• Last Logged In: 09 Mar 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • blue_raptor
    RE: DHCP Servers
    whenever a broadcast packet is sent by a box request for an IP, a DHCP server a resonse acknowledging the request. Any packet sniffing tool like tcpdump or wireshark can capture those packets and report about them. So if u could write a script to chk those we hav a monitoring script in place to find unsolicited DHCP servers in your network... :) :)
    Link to this post 28 Feb 11

whenever a broadcast packet is sent by a box request for an IP, a DHCP server a resonse acknowledging the request. Any packet sniffing tool like tcpdump or wireshark can capture those packets and report about them. So if u could write a script to chk those we hav a monitoring script in place to find unsolicited DHCP servers in your network...
    :) :)

• blue_raptor
    RE: Comparing contents of two directories using bash
    " diff " and ' rsync ' commands should probably help you write a script for comparision and keeping sync between directories...

" diff " and ' rsync ' commands should probably help you write a script for comparision and keeping sync between directories...

• blue_raptor
    RE: using wget, checkip.dyndns.org, and sed
    below is for getting only IP using CUT wget -q checkip.dyndns.org -O index.html && cat index.html|cut -d ' ' -f 6 | cut -d '<' -f 1

below is for getting only IP using CUT

wget -q checkip.dyndns.org -O index.html && cat index.html|cut -d ' ' -f 6 | cut -d '<' -f 1

• blue_raptor
    RE: using wget, checkip.dyndns.org, and sed
    I am not sure if SED is the string manipulator to use for this kind of outputs. I used cut and Below command could work for you.. wget -q checkip.dyndns.org -O index.html && cat index.html | cut -d '>' -f 7 | cut -d '<' -f 1 Cheers, blue_raptor
    Link to this post 26 Feb 11

I am not sure if SED is the string manipulator to use for this kind of outputs.

I used cut and Below command could work for you..

wget -q checkip.dyndns.org -O index.html && cat index.html | cut -d '>' -f 7 | cut -d '<' -f 1

Cheers,
    blue_raptor

• blue_raptor
    RE: issues with script for diskspace and mail monitor
    hey, i guess the issue is not with existence of /bin/sh file but with character '^M' that is present in the script. If you see the error it says something like " /bin/sh^M " so let me guess did u copy the script from windows file to unix box? if so then before executing type teh below command- #dos2unix cheers, blue_raptor
    Link to this post 25 Feb 11

hey,

i guess the issue is not with existence of /bin/sh file but with character '^M' that is present in the script. If you see the error it says something like " /bin/sh^M " so let me guess did u copy the script from windows file to unix box?
    if so then before executing type teh below command-

#dos2unix <script_name>

cheers,
    blue_raptor

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board