• Last Logged In: 13 Mar 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • bufmunky
    RE: nvidia drivers help?
    Bought a new flat screen monitor today. everything works perfect now. who new.
    Link to this post 13 Mar 11

Bought a new flat screen monitor today. everything works perfect now. who new.

• bufmunky
    the command came up blank, I deactivated and reactivated the driver and restarted my computer but nothing changed. this is what it does when I click on NVIDIA X Server Settings in system>administration. [img size=670]http://www.linux.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Screenshot_1-0d5765b94fd6aafc568de3175d5ea817.png[/img]
    Link to this post 10 Mar 11

the command came up blank, I deactivated and reactivated the driver and restarted my computer but nothing changed. this is what it does when I click on NVIDIA X Server Settings in system>administration.

• bufmunky
    Right now I only have a couple resolutions and it lags when I play videos and stuff. I some how activated it one time and it worked much better and I had much more options such as higher resolutions, rotating the screen, etc. but then when I turned it off and back on the next day the display didn't work so I had to reset it. I was just wondering what you wanted me to do with the 'ubuntu package of the proprietary drivers' or whatever.
    Link to this post 10 Mar 11

Right now I only have a couple resolutions and it lags when I play videos and stuff. I some how activated it one time and it worked much better and I had much more options such as higher resolutions, rotating the screen, etc. but then when I turned it off and back on the next day the display didn't work so I had to reset it. I was just wondering what you wanted me to do with the 'ubuntu package of the proprietary drivers' or whatever.

• bufmunky
    when I go to hardware drivers it looks like this [img size=512]http://www.linux.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Screenshot-e0e40447bce56cfc9dcfbc2967ddfa46.png[/img] what am I supposed to do? sorry I'm a total noob at ubuntu and command line stuff
    Link to this post 09 Mar 11

when I go to hardware drivers it looks like this

what am I supposed to do? sorry I'm a total noob at ubuntu and command line stuff

• bufmunky
    nvidia drivers help?
    So I have a nvidia gforce gt240 graphics card. I downloaded the driver from the nvidia site and when I try to open it it gives me this message [img size=655]http://www.linux.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/error_message.png[/img]
    Link to this post 08 Mar 11

So I have a nvidia gforce gt240 graphics card. I downloaded the driver from the nvidia site and when I try to open it it gives me this message

• bufmunky
    best linux distro?
    right now I'm running ubuntu 10.04, but there's so many things that don't work. I have an nvidia gforce gt240 video card, and I've tried countless times to install it, but it just never works. I also have tried to install starcraft 2 a couple times with no success. I have starcraft one installed but even that doesn't work sometimes. my question is, is there a better linux OS that's more compatible with things?
    Link to this post 06 Mar 11

right now I'm running ubuntu 10.04, but there's so many things that don't work. I have an nvidia gforce gt240 video card, and I've tried countless times to install it, but it just never works. I also have tried to install starcraft 2 a couple times with no success. I have starcraft one installed but even that doesn't work sometimes. my question is, is there a better linux OS that's more compatible with things?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board