• Last Logged In: 24 May 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • MatthewFarmer47
    RE: How to become a Linux system administrator
    I just got this in the mail today! http://unixacademy.com/Learn-Linux-Complete-for-a-Beginner/M/B003FJIP32.htm Hopefully this will be my gateway into Linux.
    Link to this post 31 Aug 11

I just got this in the mail today!
    http://unixacademy.com/Learn-Linux-Complete-for-a-Beginner/M/B003FJIP32.htm

Hopefully this will be my gateway into Linux.

• MatthewFarmer47
    RE: UBUNTU or CentOS
    I'll remember that! Some is a little over my head, but I got most of it.
    Link to this post 26 Aug 11

I'll remember that!
    Some is a little over my head, but I got most of it.

• MatthewFarmer47
    Job with Linux
    Is there anyway to start a job in Linux. Bottom of the barrel....anything without knowing much about it? I'm going to start learning from a DVD set I ordered here real soon, but I was just curious if there is such a job. I am eager to learn it and feel the best way is to work with it constantly. Thanks for all your help everyone

Is there anyway to start a job in Linux.
    Bottom of the barrel....anything without knowing much about it?
    I'm going to start learning from a DVD set I ordered here real soon, but I was just curious if there is such a job.
    I am eager to learn it and feel the best way is to work with it constantly.

Thanks for all your help everyone

• MatthewFarmer47
    RE: UBUNTU or CentOS
    I learned that CentOS is essentially the same thing as Red Hat, they just renamed it for trademark reasons.

I learned that CentOS is essentially the same thing as Red Hat, they just renamed it for trademark reasons.

• MatthewFarmer47
    UBUNTU or CentOS
    I asked someone at customer support a question about which DVD to order and he recommended that I go with CentOS if I'm planning on getting a job with Linux in the future. So I'm guessing CentOS is an operating system like UBUNTU is an operating system. My question is why don't I see anything about it in the forums below when you can select all the other operating systems to talk about (Kubuntu, Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, etc.)?
    Link to this post 25 Aug 11

I asked someone at customer support a question about which DVD to order and he recommended that I go with CentOS if I'm planning on getting a job with Linux in the future. So I'm guessing CentOS is an operating system like UBUNTU is an operating system. My question is why don't I see anything about it in the forums below when you can select all the other operating systems to talk about (Kubuntu, Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, etc.)?

• MatthewFarmer47
    RE: Mouse question
    Yeah it's in firefox
    Link to this post 25 Aug 11

Yeah it's in firefox

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board