• Last Logged In: 14 Aug 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • nero
    RE: Linux & Duel Boot
    I am seriously considering Linux Mint, from what I read the distribution (Distros) is very simple and lets the user choose the bootup sequence. Please reply & advise if I am heading into trouble. Thanks
    Link to this post 22 Apr 11

I am seriously considering Linux Mint, from what I read the distribution (Distros) is very simple and lets the user choose the bootup sequence. Please reply & advise if I am heading into trouble.
    Thanks

• nero
    RE: Linux & Duel Boot
    You are telling me that Windows must be installed first even though it will be on a seperate hard drive ?
    Link to this post 22 Apr 11

You are telling me that Windows must be installed first even though it will be on a seperate hard drive ?

• nero
    Linux & Duel Boot
    I am building a desktop & would like to duel boot with Linuz & Windows XP. I need someone with Linux savy to tell me if the components I have is adequate for Linux. Power Supply: Corsair 650 W. Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H. Memory: Corsair XMS3 (2X2 GB) DDR3 1333. CPU: AMD Athlon II x4 640. HDD 2x Seagate barracuda 7200.12 500 GB. Case: Cooler Master Gladiator 600. I plan to load each OS onto it's own HDD & wifh seperate internet security for each, in other words, two seperate operating systems. I know the components are OK for XP, what I don't know, are they OK for Linus. Also, which Linux OS would be recomended?
    Link to this post 21 Apr 11

I am building a desktop & would like to duel boot with Linuz & Windows XP. I need someone with Linux savy to tell me if the components I have is adequate for Linux. Power Supply: Corsair 650 W. Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H. Memory: Corsair XMS3 (2X2 GB) DDR3 1333. CPU: AMD Athlon II x4 640. HDD 2x Seagate barracuda 7200.12 500 GB. Case: Cooler Master Gladiator 600.
    I plan to load each OS onto it's own HDD & wifh seperate internet security for each, in other words, two seperate operating systems. I know the components are OK for XP, what I don't know, are they OK for Linus.
    Also, which Linux OS would be recomended?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board