• Last Logged In: 22 May 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • mtwo3
    Password reset for Ubuntu 10.10 RAID5 server
    My most sincere apologies if this is the wrong place to put this question but i'm a little desperate. A friend was supposed to help me setup a Linux Server and after some time of not using the server because it was missing a drive i got tired of waiting and decided to rescue my data. Now i'm stuck at the login prompt and he has forgotten the user ID. how can i recover the password for this server? I've done some looking up and there seems to be several methods, but i'm a total noob at Linux and I need step by step help. pleeeeeease. thanks
    Link to this post 22 May 11

My most sincere apologies if this is the wrong place to put this question but i'm a little desperate.

A friend was supposed to help me setup a Linux Server and after some time of not using the server because it was missing a drive i got tired of waiting and decided to rescue my data. Now i'm stuck at the login prompt and he has forgotten the user ID.

how can i recover the password for this server? I've done some looking up and there seems to be several methods, but i'm a total noob at Linux and I need step by step help. pleeeeeease.

thanks

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board