• Last Logged In: 24 May 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • flite2mars
    RE: Origin of Tux the Penguin Logo?
    Ah-so! Thank you, I read the link, very interesting! And yeah, he kind of does look like he just had a very good time with a female penguin, and a smoke and a nap too! Thanks again!
    Link to this post 25 May 11

Ah-so! Thank you, I read the link, very interesting! And yeah, he kind of does look like he just had a very good time with a female penguin, and a smoke and a nap too!

Thanks again!

• flite2mars
    Origin of Tux the Penguin Logo?
    Hello, [i]new bee[/i] here. I was wondering if anyone knows why a penguin was chosen as the Linux logo? I like Tux and think he's cool, but from a marketing standpoint, isn't a "flightless" bird kind of like a car company namning a new model "Impact"? Maybe Linux Marketing can use a sloglan like, [b]"If your old OS doesn't fly and just sux, switch to Linux and leave the flying to Tux."[/b] Thank you. I'm here all week.
    Link to this post 25 May 11

Hello, new bee here. I was wondering if anyone knows why a penguin was chosen as the Linux logo? I like Tux and think he's cool, but from a marketing standpoint, isn't a "flightless" bird kind of like a car company namning a new model "Impact"?

Maybe Linux Marketing can use a sloglan like,

"If your old OS doesn't fly and just sux,
    switch to Linux and leave the flying to Tux."

Thank you. I'm here all week.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board