• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 03 Jun 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • cantwhistle
    RE: Another newbie thread. Thank you experts!
    The first code, the lspci etc, gave me 03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell technology group ltd. 88E8071 PCI-E gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 16) 05:05.0 network controller: realtek semiconductor co., ltd. Device 8190 The lsusb code didn't give me anything.
    Link to this post 03 Jun 11

The first code, the lspci etc, gave me

03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell technology group ltd. 88E8071 PCI-E gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 16)

05:05.0 network controller: realtek semiconductor co., ltd. Device 8190

The lsusb code didn't give me anything.

• cantwhistle
    RE: Another newbie thread. Thank you experts!
    I don't see any line that says wifi or wireless. But I know I have wireless. I have a "network controller" ? EDIT: I found through windows what it is (I think). Microsoft virtual WiFi miniport Adapter then a device below it is Realtek RTL9190 802.11n Wireless LAN (mini-)PCI NIC Is there more you need?

I don't see any line that says wifi or wireless. But I know I have wireless. I have a "network controller" ?

EDIT: I found through windows what it is (I think). Microsoft virtual WiFi miniport Adapter then a device below it is Realtek RTL9190 802.11n Wireless LAN (mini-)PCI NIC

Is there more you need?

• cantwhistle
    Another newbie thread. Thank you experts!
    Yeah, I downloaded linux a while ago after hearing how great it would be. And it is great! But I can't do much on it because my wireless internet card won't work with it. I think I need a driver, but how do I get one of those without access to the internet while on Ubuntu? It's dual-booted with windows 7 right now though eventually I'd like to just use Linux. I don't know what other information would be helpful so I'll just throw in some probably irrelevant stuff. It's a gateway desktop with wireless LAN 802.11 b/g/N. Windows 7. AMD Phenom II processor. 810 Quad Core. I don't know what else would even sort of be useless to you linux Gods, but please help if you can.

Yeah, I downloaded linux a while ago after hearing how great it would be. And it is great! But I can't do much on it because my wireless internet card won't work with it. I think I need a driver, but how do I get one of those without access to the internet while on Ubuntu? It's dual-booted with windows 7 right now though eventually I'd like to just use Linux.

I don't know what other information would be helpful so I'll just throw in some probably irrelevant stuff. It's a gateway desktop with wireless LAN 802.11 b/g/N. Windows 7. AMD Phenom II processor. 810 Quad Core. I don't know what else would even sort of be useless to you linux Gods, but please help if you can.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board